Demonic Illusion Genjutsu

"There are still 9 months left for you to give the academy assessment exam. If we practice like this every day you will definitely be able to join the class a year senior to me." Sasuke said while removing his fingerless gloves. Both of their Sharingan was still activated.

Yami walked towards his bag and took out two bottles of orange juice. He sat down beside Sasuke and passed him one bottle. Sasuke drank a sip and said

"Where did you get this drink from? It's really good"

"I made it at home Sasuke. I needed something healthy to re-energize my body after a spar." Yami said as he took a few sips from his own bottle. Yami then took out two sandwiches from his bag and gave one to Sasuke. Sasuke with a juice bottle in one hand and a sandwich in his other looked at Yami.

"We just ate barbeque but sparring made me have an appetite." Sasuke said and as he was about to take a bite out of the sandwich Yami held his hand tight.

"What are you doing Yami?" Sasuke asked in a confused tone. He didn't understand why his brother who had just given him a sandwich would stop him when he was about to eat.

"What are you eating and drinking?" Yami asked in a serious tone and Sasuke looked back towards his hand and he was shocked.

The juice bottle from which he just drank became a bottle of water and the sandwich he was about to eat became 3 shurikens stacked on top of each other. Sasuke couldn't understand what happened to him as he could swear what he drank was pure orange juice and the sandwich that Yami gave him felt and smelled like a real sandwich. He looked toward Yami for an explanation whose serious expression had turned into a smirk that made Sasuke realize something.

"Demonic Illusion: False surroundings technique. Isn't it good?" Yami said with a smirk on his face.

"When did you put me in a genjutsu?"

"When you took that punch from me. It disoriented you for a second and we had eye contact before you fell down on the ground"

"Mom had taught me the basics of how to realize when you are in a genjutsu and how to get out of it. Even with her, I could feel a little different when I was in a genjutsu but today the one you used was flawless." Sasuke said and he turned off his Sharingan and so did Yami.

"It's because my Yin is way stronger than her and against me, you had your guard down. I am going to go and practice another genjutsu. I'll see you at 6 in the evening. We'll practice kenjutsu." Yami said and he was about to leave when Sasuke stopped him.

"Before that, I will teach you fireball jutsu. Let's go by the lake when Dad taught me" Sasuke said as he got up and signaled Yami to follow him. Yami shrugged and followed Sasuke to the lake. After a couple of minutes, both of them were standing on a wooden platform, and in front of them was a serene lake.

"Now observe with you Sharingan " Sasuke said and make some seals and spew a 5-meter diameter big fireball even evaporating the surface water. He then looked at Yami thinking that he will get an expression of Awe but all he got was a normal thumbs up.

'Does he think it's easy to create a fireball this size? Now when he performs it, he will understand' Sasuke thought. He wanted Yami to try himself and realize how difficult it was for an academy student to create a fireball of 5 meters.

Yami who was standing behind Sasuke walked in front of him and performed the seals and took a big breath it and spew and fireball. The size of the fireball kept increasing and reached the size of 20 meters.

Sasuke was shocked to see the fireball and it had evaporated half of the lake. He had never seen such a big fireball. Even his father had shown him a fireball and it was 12 meters in diameter. The thing that surprised Sasuke the most wasn't the size of the fireball but the temperature. When he or his father had used the fireball and the fire would touch the ground, only the grass would burn and some soil would get burnt black on the surface. But when Yami's fireball touched the ground, it didn't just burn the small rocks turned red and some even melted.

'The temperature of his fire melted rocks. This can only be obtained when the chakra is concentrated. But how is his chakra that dense? To do it dad told me to hold chakra in my mouth for a few seconds and keep pouring more chakra and keep condensing it and then spew it as a normal fireball. That's when you get a fireball hot enough to turn stones red. But Yami did nothing like that and his fire melted stones. Seems like he inherently has dense chakra. Dad wasn't joking when he said Yami's potential is monstrous compared to anyone else he has ever seen' Sasuke sighed as he realized in front of his little brother he was no prodigy.

Sasuke and Yami went back to their own rooms to continue their daily routine. And on the other side of the village, two people with ponytails were sitting in the garden outside their house playing shogi.

"What's bothering you today? You seem distracted from the time you came from the academy." Shikaku Nara asked his son who was sitting in front of him Shikamaru.

"I met Sasuke's younger brother Yami Uchiha today. He had blue eyes and normally Sasuke is a prodigy as he always comes 1st in class be it theory or practical combat. But now when I saw Yami, it felt as if he is a cut above Sasuke. As we use Yin chakra for our shadow possession jutsu, I can sense how powerful a person is and Yami felt way more powerful than Sasuke."

"Yes I have heard about Yami Uchiha from Hokage sama and according to him, Yami's talent is at a whole new level. So don't feel disappointed and continue at your own pace. The only person you need to best is the Shikamaru from yesterday." Shikaku said while making a move on the shogi board.

"Yea dad, I won't let it affect me too much but it feels like our juniors are stronger than us. I heard that my classmate Hinata Hyuga has a younger sister Hanabi Hyuga who beat her elder sister in a fight." Shikamaru said sighing. As each day was passing by he was coming to realize how weak he was and what prodigies actually were.

"Hokage sama had a talk with Sasuke Uchiha and they have decided that next year Yami Uchiha will give a special assessment test and if he passes that test then he could be put in your class or even a standard higher than yours. Hokage sama is sure he will go in your Senior class"

"Wow he is 3 years younger than me and he will become my Senior. People like these force me to get out of bed every morning. What a drag" Shikamaru said looking towards the sky.

(Please write a review of this novel. It would mean a lot)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 extra chapters on Patreonhttps://patreon.com/lazarus898/Link in synopsis as well