Mizuki's Nightmare

It was the first time Yami had turned on his Sharingan and all his classmates including Neji were fascinated by it. Neji had heard that the Sharingan was much stronger and offense-based as compared to the byakugan. But now seeing those red eyes for the first time shocked him to a certain extent.

Even Hiruzen was shocked to see that Yami had 2 tomoe already. He gave the signal to start. Mizuki who was looking at Yami's eyes suddenly felt the soil under his feet turn completely black. As he saw the surroundings he saw that he was standing near a volcano. Mizuki could feel the heat the volcano was emitting.

'I have never visited a volcano so it is going to be harder for me to spot the mistake and break the genjutsu.' Mizuki thought as he was looking around. Suddenly he felt as if something was moving under the soil but it wasn't a single thing but multiple of them.

'Is this some animal that roams under the ground?'

He decided to move a bit far from the volcano as it might reduce the heat he was feeling on the skin. But just as he took his first step a skeleton hand appeared from under the ground and grabbed his ankle. He tried to free his leg but the hand won't let go.

He kicked the skeleton's hand with his other leg and freed himself. He started to run in the opposite direction and after a few seconds, he tripped and fell. He was about to get up when a pungent smell assaulted his nose.

'It smells like decayed flesh.' Mizuki thought when he saw that two hands grabbed his legs. This time they weren't just skeletons but they had some flesh on it. They looked like the hands of a zombie.

Mizuki tried to get up but a few more hands appeared and held his shoulders. This made Mizuki lie on the ground helpless. He wanted to say something but a hand-blocked his mouth. The flesh on the hand smelled so rotten that Mizuki felt like he was locked in a coffin with a half-decayed corpse.

Mizuki felt something happening on his left so he turned his head to the side with much difficulty only to see the soil there sinking a little on its own. He then saw someone crawling out of it. It was a skeleton but some parts of it still contained flesh on it. The skeleton had a few ornaments on her body. A couple of rings on her fingers and a few gold necklaces. She must have been a queen or something that was the thought that came to Mizuki's mind.

Not a lot of time had passed since the start of the Genjutsu but Mizuki's mind was slowly starting to believe that it was real. He saw the zombie queen come out of the ground completely. Her ribs were exposed and flesh was hanging on some as if it was half-eaten.

Mizuki saw that there was a black heart inside the rib cage of the queen. The black heart was beating and a kunai was stabbed into it. The zombie queen came closer to Mizuki who was held on the ground. While she was walking Mizuki could hear the clacking sounds of her bones. She stood beside Mizuki looking down at him and then proceeded to sit on Mizuki's stomach.

She held the kunai which was stabbed in her black heart and pulled it out. Mizuki saw a kunai in her hand and the tip was covered with black liquid. Mizuki was terrified and his mind was collapsing with every passing second. The zombie queen stabbed the kunai in Mizuki's throat but instead of feeling pain Mizuki came out from the genjutsu. The first thing he saw was Yami's Sharingan.

Mizuki's body was covered in sweat and he was shivering. He couldn't balance himself and fell to the ground. Tanaka and Iruka quickly went up to him seeing him in such a sorry state.

As they crouched down to check Mizuki's condition they saw him covered in sweat and breathing heavily. He was murmuring something repeatedly. Iruka went closer so that he could hear what Mizuki was saying.

"D-Don't k-kill me. D-Don't eat me"

Iruka looked at Yami and asked "What kind of genjutsu did you put him in?"

Everyone wanted to know the answer to this as an academy student leaving the teacher in such a state with only a genjutsu was unheard of. Even Yami's classmates looked at Yami in an expression of utter shock and awe while thanking themself that they never got in Yami's way or they would have ended up in a worse state.

'Such a strong genjutsu...reminds me of that kid Shisui' Danzo thought.

"I just used a simple genjutsu making him see skeletons trying to catch him." Yami shrugged.

'So cruel' was the thought going to everyone's head.

'This kid didn't name the genjutsu and he doesn't even look tired which means he must have used his own imagination or some genjutsu from the Uchiha or Yuhi clan.' Hiruzen thought while stroking his beard. He looked at Shikaku who nodded and left the training ground.

'Half of the objective is complete. Now I have to do the rest half all alone. What a drag' Shikaku sighed while leaving

"Iruka how is his condition?"

"Hokage-sama he will be fine with a one night's sleep. I will have someone take him to the hospital." Iruka said and two people wearing flak jackets picked up Mizuki and left.

"Yami you have passed with flying colors. Congratulations." Hiruzen said with a smile on his face. He knew that Mizuki was already in his prime and he wasn't going to get any stronger so it was no use pondering over why Yami put Mizuki in such a state. Hiruzen was happy that the village had gained one more prodigy in the ranks and Hiruzen intended to groom him to his full potential.

This was the true face of the 'Third Hokage Hiruzen Sarutobi'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 extra chapters on Patreon

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in synopsis as well