Controlling the Law Part 2

After practicing for a few hours and getting the hang of it Yami decided to test the law on another log. This time he was very cautious as the last log got devoured so fast that he couldn't even react. This time he had started to feel the essence of the devouring law just like he could feel his chakra. He also noticed that the black essence of the devouring law and chakra pass through each other like air and not react at all.

'The devouring law essence doesn't use my chakra pathways instead it uses my blood veins and arteries.' Yami thought as he again controlled his tattoo to extend and only affect his index finger. He touched the log with his index finger and saw the wood around the touched part drying slowly. He kept doing the same thing for a few seconds and then dusted off the ash from the top.

'Oooo...the top 2 layers of the tree were affected and the 3rd part is completely safe. This is a pretty good result for just 2 hours of practice. By the time Mako comes next week, I will be ready.' Yami thought as he got up and started doing his regular exercises. Just because he needs to focus on devouring law for a few days doesn't mean he can neglect his everyday training.

After finishing his regular training Yami went back home to get a shower and eat some breakfast. After an hour he has to meet his team outside the academy to take on another mission for today. He decided that from today onwards he will carry his katana as well. Carrying the katana on his waist will be an inconvenience for him because he is just 7 years old but he can surely carry it on his back and still perform his mission.

______________________________________________________________________

Outside Konoha Academy

Neji and Yami were standing outside the academy waiting for Lee and Guy. Neji had worn a grey half-sleeve jacket and black half pants like every day. His left arm and leg were bandaged. He looked at Yami who had worn while hoodie and full pants. His pants were baggy like the ones he used to wear at the academy. Like the weights he wears now work through seals rather than actual weights, Yami could wear normal size pants.

Neji saw the sword on Yami's back and thought 'I didn't know Yami had a sword. This is the first time I am seeing him with it. He never brought it to the academy and when our team was announced Guy sensei never said anything about Yami using Kenjutsu.'

"I didn't know you could use a sword. Are you any good at it?" Neji asked with a tinge of arrogance.

Yami looked at him with a straight face and said "Good enough" that's all Yami said but Neji could feel that he meant that 'good enough to beat you'

'T-This asshole doesn't leave a single chance to belittle me.' Neji thought and he was going to say something but he saw Guy and Lee running toward them.

As the spandex duo reached Yami and Neji, Neji asked "Guy sensei, Lee what took you both so long to get here?"

"Neji we were so engrossed in our training that we lost track of time. Let's not waste more time and go to the mission assignment desk" Guy said to which everyone nodded.

Just as they were about to enter the academy an Anbu body flickered some distance in front of them. The man said "Maito Guy and his genin team are called are by Hokage-sama urgently."

The mood of the entire team suddenly turned serious. Guy looked behind at his team and said "Let's go. If Hokage-sama sent someone to call us means it's an emergency."

Team Guy rushed to the Hokage building. As they came to the floor of Hiruzen's office. Guy was about to ask the receptionist when she said "Go in. Hokage-sama's waiting for you and your team"

Guy nodded and entered the office followed by his 3 genins. As Team Guy entered the office they saw that Hiruzen was standing by the window with a letter in his hand. And beside him was Shikaku and Kakashi was sitting on the window railing.

"Yo Guy, Yami " Kakashi said in his usual lazy attitude. Seeing Kakashi a smile bloomed on Guy's face and he greeted back. Yami simply nodded.

Hiruzen looked away from the window and then to Guy and his team and said "Guy at the edge of Land of Fire and Land of wind are trade routes through which both lands conduct most of their trades. In the past 2 months, two merchant caravans have been looted from those routes. For the past few weeks, we didn't know who did it and how they knew about the timing and route of the caravan. Two days ago a traitor was found by the Sand Shinobis among the merchants who leaked the information for money. The traitor said that the leader of the bandits is a missing shinobi from the Land of Lightning and he has unified 3 bandit groups under him. The mission to get rid of the 3 groups and the missing Shinobi was going to be carried out by the Sand Shinobis but the Damiyos of Land of wind and fire have decided that our village and the hidden sand will send 2 Jonins and a team of strong genins to take care of this problem."

"Hokage-sama if you don't mind me asking. Why a team of Genins?" Guy asked.

Before Hiruzen could answer the question Shikaku answered it "Guy we had the same question and then after some information gathering we found out that this idea was of the Sand Damiyo and he is known to be someone who likes to show off. This year a team of Genins has been formed in the hidden sand. The jonin instructor of this Team is Baki. He is one of the advisors of the Kazekage and is also Ruthless when it comes to battle."

"An advisor of the Kazekage as a mere Jonin instructor? that's odd" Kakashi interrupted as even he didn't know this part. Before Team Guy could arrive Hiruzen had only told him what their mission is.

Shikaku's next sentence cleared all doubt "Baki is the jonin instructor because the 3 genins in his team are the Kazekage's kids. Kankuro, Temari and Gaara."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 extra chapters on Patreon

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in synopsis as well