Infiltrating the Valley

Yami and Neji were in a room getting ready to infiltrate the valley. They had removed anything that could identify them as a leaf shinobi if seen. Neji's eyes were the only thing that would indicate that he is a Hyuga. Instead of the regular grey clothes he wears, now he was wearing a black shirt and pants and a black mask covering his nose and mouth. Yami had worn an oversized black cloak.

"Is it necessary to do this? Neji asked.

"Yea...even if we fail we can't let them know we are on a mission from the hidden leaf." Yami said tieing his sword on the back.

'He is even younger than me and just like me this is his first time outside the village.' Neji thought.

"Yami, how do you know so much when this is your 1st mission?" Neji asked with doubt.

"My family members wrote diaries which contained their experiences during missions. I read those for the past 3 years due to which I accumulated so much knowledge about the things outside the village." Yami said with a straight face but in his head, he was facepalming himself.

'Why do I forget that I am a seven-year-old? Luckily Kakashi was a prodigy himself so he won't feel too shocked to see my performance.' Yami sighed.

While Yami was thinking all this the door opened and Kakashi stepped in. He had also removed his usual jonin attire and had worn a cloak.

"So are both of you ready?" Kakashi asked.

"Yup" Neji said and Yami nodded.

'Yami reminds me so much of Itachi. The only difference is that Yami is way more sharp and direct than Itachi.' Kakashi thought. He had worked with Itachi for a few years and Itachi had made quite an impression on him because of his polite and calm nature. Kakashi even after all these years could find the fact that Itachi slaughtered his clan doubtful.

"So Mr. Kakashi what's the plan of infiltration?" Yami asked. Even though he had seen the anime and even come to the conclusion of infiltrating the valley, Yami knew that none of it would compare to the hands-on experience Kakashi had in infiltration at his time in the Anbu. So he decided to leave the planning to the adults.

"Guy, Lee, Baki, and his team all are waiting downstairs. We can discuss the plan when we are with them. Remember Yami even though you are smart and skilled you need to learn to trust your teammates." Kakashi said.

'Even though Guy is my sensei, Kakashi is the one who behaves like that. Guy is a simple person, he wouldn't be able to handle me anyways.' Yami thought.

After a few minutes, the trio left the room and walked downstairs where they saw 7 of them waiting. They had worn their normal outfit with headbands showing their village. They didn't need any kind of disguise.

Baki nodded at Kakashi and said "Now that we all are here, what is our step-by-step plan?"

Everyone huddled around Kakashi to listen to the plan. Even Gaara decided to hear the plan which shocked Temari and Kankuro a little. Gaara's arrogance was not foreign to them. Even as his siblings Gaara never gave them any importance.

Kakashi started explaining his plan step by step. The remaining 9 had several changes in their expressions. Sometimes they would have a confused expression, or a frown or they would raise their eyebrows. All in all the plan could be called a rollercoaster of emotions. In the end, everyone decided that even though it was a bit crazy plan, it had the best outcome.

At 12.00 midnight a group of 10 people exited the gates of the hidden sand. After traveling for a while they divided into 2 groups, with one group having 7 people while the other one having 3 people wearing complete black.

The 7 people were spreading around the valley's entrance but they were also keeping a safe distance so as to not get spotted by anyone guarding the valley.

'I hope plan A fails and we have to resort to plan B' Gaara thought as his frustration of being a mere guard like his siblings in this mission was increasing every passing minute.

Of the other 3 people running in complete black. The one in the front was Kakashi, he stayed in front because as a jonin only he would have the reaction time to deflect an attack coming toward them or even during an ambush. In the middle was Neji, who was switching his byakugan on and off every 10 seconds. He was being protected by his two teammates because his entire attention was focused on the people around him and could be guarding the valley. The chances of someone guarding a little far from the valley is low but it's still a good practice to confirm it.

The person on the rear end of the trio was Yami. He was told no to do anything for now as when the infiltration starts, he would need to be at his peak physical health and full of chakra. While they were running suddenly Neji said.

"STOP...there are 3 people there. They seem to be sitting approximately 200m away from us." pointing at the direction the people were present.

Kakashi nodded and looked back and said "Yami you and I will sneak attack them. Remember then shouldn't make a single noise."

"What if I use genjutsu?" Yami asked. Using genjutsu on 3 bandits was no biggie for Yami. He could have them kill each other but they might talk in real life as well which would be a problem. He can have them just stand blankly but that could consume a significant amount of mana.

"No, don't waste your mana before we even start the mission." Kakashi said and Yami nodded.

"Neji keep an eye out if and let us know if anyone other than those three are around." Kakashi gave Neji the task only he could do. Neji nodded and jumped on a tree to look around.

"Yami go for the head directly. Don't even let them know what hit them." Kakashi said and ran toward the 3 bandits. Yami followed him. After getting a bit closer, even Yami could sense the chakra fluctuations in them. 2 were weak means they were genin or below and one was low chunin level.

Yami unsheathed his sword and was ready to attack. He was just waiting for a signal from Kakashi.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 extra chapters on Patreon

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in synopsis as well