Planned Assassinations

The 3 bandits were sitting around a campfire drinking and talking. Two of them were genin level and one was low chunin. Yami tried to hear what they were talking about while sneaking closer.

"Hey you think we will be safe here far from the valley?" the one with genin level strength asked.

"Don't worry, no one dares to come here and create problems. We are currently part of the biggest bandit group in the Land of Fire and Wind." the chunin level assured.

"Hey go get me some booze. I have finished mine" the chunin level ordered the remaining genin level bandit who was surrounded by beer bottles. The genin level bandit didn't want to but had to listen to his superior so he turned back to pick a bottle.

As he turned back he heard

Klshuk...!!! (Stabbing sound)

Thud...!!!

He looked back and saw the chunin level bandit had a kunai stabbed in his neck and he was trying his best to say something but not a single sound could escape his mouth. This entire mouth was flooded with his own blood. Beside him where the other genin level bandit was sitting, there was a headless corpse and its head rolling toward the fire. Blood was spraying from the headless corpse's neck and the body fell down backward.

The bandit was too drunk to react quickly but seeing so much blood sobered him instantly. He was about to scream for help but noticed that his vision which was at eye level was looking down when he didn't even move his neck.

Then the bandit saw his vision rolling round and round until he saw his own headless corpse and 2 people standing on either side of it. Both of them had worn cloaks, but the bandit noticed instantly that the one who had a sword in his hand had red eyes. That's the last thing the bandit was able to see.

The entire attack took only 3 seconds from start to finish. Yami waved his sword in the air and removed any blood on it. He sheathed his sword while Kakashi removed the kunai he had stabbed in the chunin bandit's neck.

"Good work Yami. 2 clean decapitations within 3 seconds is truly impressive." Kakashi said.

Yami turned off his Sharingan and nodded. Neji appeared from the forest and saw all the blood and corpses which made him uncomfortable. No matter how much practice a shinobi does, seeing blood for the first time overwhelms them. Neji quickly turned back and as he felt he needed to see the puke. After a few minutes, he returned back to the crime scene and said

"We need to keep moving. I don't sense anyone near us right now."

Yami looked at Kakashi and said "You take the heads so that we can find their identity later and go with Neji. I will take care of the bodies without making much noise."

Kakashi was too reluctant to let Yami do it alone but he knew that destroying a corpse without making noise and fire is next to impossible but Yami said that he had a method so Kakashi decided to trust him and nodded.

Kakashi and Neji left in the direction of the valley after collecting the three heads in a storage scroll. Yami dragged the three bodies by their legs to the forest. He searched them and found some low-level tools and a few thousand Ryo. Yami threw away the tools and kept the money. His pocket money was never enough for him.

'No one is around here so this might be the best time to devour them.' Yami thought. He wasn't going to let such a good chance to increase his chakra reserves slip. Yami stretched his hand and activated his devouring law. Firstly he devoured the corpses of the 2 genins. That didn't increase his chakra reserves much but brought him to the borderline of jonin level chakra.

After that Yami devoured the corpse of the chunin which brought his chakra to a low jonin level. Yami wasn't too happy with it as it only gave him more chakra but didn't improve any of his physical strength.

'Seems like these 3 were too weak to give me anything.' Yami thought as he blew away their ashes. Yami ran in the same direction that Kakashi and Neji left. After running for a few seconds, he saw them sitting under a tree. He jumped down in front of them spooking Neji who quickly went into alert mode.

"Relax...it's just me. Why are you both waiting here?" Yami asked.

"150m from us are the patrol guards of the bandits. You know what to do, right?" Kakashi asked to which Yami smiled which according to Neji sent a shiver down his spine. Yami quickly body flickered away in the direction Kakashi had pointed him to.

"You stay here till he brings them here and I will execute the next step of our plan." Kakashi said and body flickered as well.

Yami had reached near the 2 patrolling bandits. They weren't like the previous drunkards. These two had chunin levels of strength. They had serious expressions of their face and had a machete as a weapon. Yami threw a small stone in the forest to get their attention. As the sound of the rock falling and the leaves rustling reached the bandit's ears they quickly looked at one spot in the forest.

Yami cast a sound-based genjutsu on them which made them hear sounds that someone was running away from them while making lot of noise.

"Seems like some idiot wandered here and is now trying to escape." the bandit said to the other one.

"Heh...let's hunt him then. Maybe he will have something valuable." the other one said and entered the jungle. Both the bandits entered the jungle and knew that they shouldn't go too far from their patrol position. According to them, they were walking around the patrol position searching for the idiot who wandered in the jungle but in reality, they had already left their patrol post and were running straight toward Neji.

Kakashi used this opportunity to sneak inside the Valley Of Bandits.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 extra chapters on Patreon

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in synopsis as well