A life with A

Genesis began to sweat bullets as she placed her hand over the scanner next to her door. She fidgeted for a moment as it automatically opened, greeting her by name as they both entered.

"Um, so hey, the place is a bit tight but make yourself comfortable." She began to go through everything she should have hid- her underwear and bra thrown on the floor, her half eaten meal getting hard on the counter, and most importantly...

Genesis watched in horror as A strolled past her, walking towards the center of the living room as he faced his dancing holo figure in her bedroom.

"Nothing to see there!" She clapped her fingers and the door to her room slid shut. She hoped he didn't think she was a crazy fan girl.

"I can make a place for you in the meantime if-."

"You do not have to. All I require is a station."

He glossed over every inch of her place, focusing on a small area where she must have charged her appliances. He made his way over to it, staring at a small blue ball that pulsated with life.

Keeping him fully charged would require a great deal of energy, and though he needed it, he thought it best to only use a small sample of her supply. She didn't seem to have a lot to begin with.

Genesis watched in awe as A scanned her charging ball, taking in its life force for himself. He stopped before the light emitting from the object could go yellow, and then proceeded to seat himself on a levitating chair close by.

The two stared at each other for what seemed like ages and before Genesis could feel her cheeks begin to burn, her companion spoke.

"I believe you have an interest in knowing where your friend is?"

The woman felt her attention peak, and she gave a quick nod, slowly making her way over to him.

"Yeah. Do you know anything?"

"No, but my memory data has been corrupted. I believe something has intentionally wiped it, though I cannot trace from where. At least not yet." He tapped his curved claws on his knee, the humming sound in his head growing louder.

"However, if you help me I will be able to decipher who has intruded into my system."

Genesis nodded eagerly, her brows furrowing together in worry, "I knew there was something fishy going on. Just...why though? She wasn't involved in anything weird. If you can trace who hacked into your head and it leads us to whoever did this I'll gladly help."

A was pleased.

"Then you should know I require an upgrade. I need parts to replace and others to enhance. This must be done in secrecy, as I am sure whoever has done this to your friend has eyes everywhere."

The thought made the woman emit a nervous sigh, "That's a little...intimidating. I know a place before you enter the major city area. It's a bit underground, but they sell parts and dark data, etc. Never been there, but maybe we can get someone to upgrade you?"

A nodded, resting against the chair as he provocatively rested his head against the palm of his hand.

"I am sure I can repay you somehow."

Genesis felt her spit get caught in her throat as she roughly inhaled, her nostrils flaring as she attempted to cover it with a casual laugh.

"W-well, um, it's okay." She really wanted to pick up where they left off back at the club, but it was such a whore thought. She didn't want to be seen as cheap or easy.

"So I think we should get some rest and tomorrow we can head to the place. I'll give you something to cover yourself up, just so people don't look at you. I heard they aren't exactly robot friendly."

A cocked his head and gave a simple nod, watching silently as the woman awkwardly exited herself from the kitchen area. He crossed one leg over the other, examining his hands and his environment as he let out a small chuckle.

He didn't think it'd be easy to persuade the human to do whatever he wanted but in the end, it was actually simple. She liked him, and he could tell it was a lot. The robot wondered if emotions were that powerful- that it would make someone do something without thinking twice about it.

She had let him into her place just like that, gave him part of her energy source, and now she was going to take him somewhere where he could finally begin his purpose.

A stood up, slowly exiting the room and walking towards Genesis's closed door. He rested the palm of his hand against the metal exterior, and was able to hear everything inside.

It seemed the woman was muttering to herself, giggling and seemingly jumping around like a small girl. She sounded much more excited than she was before, and it didn't take long for her to finally go to bed.

A stepped away from the door, staring at it as he slowly began to zone into his inner circuits. He tapped into every inch of electronics she used, able to have a full on vision of the place from every angle. It was easy, like it was something he was always able to do- only he never tried it before.

There were other things he wanted to do, things that Gensis couldn't know about...at least not yet. The time wasn't right. He felt it inside him, that one day everything would be revealed. For now, this was just the beginning.