9

I sat and ate my food, looking around the room to see where I wanted to put the paintings.

I knew it was probably ridiculous to want to make the room seem more homey, considering I was planning on escaping.

There was nothing wrong with trying to get comfortable while I was here.

"You're still eating?" Colby asked as he came into the room. "Yeah, I keep getting distracted." I said simply, letting my eyes trail to him.

He had put a shirt on now. A plain black tshirt that somehow hugged his muscles perfectly.

I hated that I found him even remotely attractive.  He was an evil man who would kill me or at least hurt me if I stepped out of line.

Sure, he had his calm moments but I saw how quickly he could switch.

He was dangerous.

"What's to get distracted about? I put my shirt on." He said as I barked a laugh.

"That's definitely not why I was distracted." I said then stood up. "I'm trying to figure out where to hang these." I said with a sigh and looked around the room.

"Why do you want to hang them up anyways?" He asked as I walked over to the wall, holding up one of the paintings.

"This room is going to drive me crazy if I have to be in here all day every day." I said and raised my brows at him.

"Don't look at me like that." He said as I squinted. "Like a human? Sorry. I meant master. I forgot I can't look into your eyes or I might turn to fucking stone." I said as he pursed his lips.

"Master. I like that." He said as I rolled my eyes. "You would like that." I grumbled as he squinted at me.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked as I scoffed.

"You don't want to know. It might hurt your ego." I snapped.

"Watch your tone, Julia." Colby warned, anger covering his features. "What are you gonna do? Kill me?" I taunted, immediately regretting it.

Colby clenched his jaw and pushed me against the wall aggressively, bringing his switchblade to my cheek. "I've been nice, Julia. Because for whatever reason I feel bad for you. Not any fucking more." He growled.

"Don't fucking test me." He said as my eyes watered. "I'm sorry." I whispered shakily, fear evident in my tone.

I saw regret flicker in his eyes for just a second before he let me go, putting his blade back in his pocket.

"I'll help you hang these later." He said coldly then stormed out of the room.

Shiiit.

"Way to fuck that up, Jules." I mumbled to myself then looked around.

"Hmm." I hummed then went to the bag of clothes.

Inside was a couple pairs of leggings, a pair of jeans, two v neck tshirts, a long sleeve body suit, a couple bras, some underwear and two dresses.

I pursed my lips and pulled one of the dresses out. It was a pale yellow with cutouts in it. I could tell it was on the tighter side which only made me loath Colby more.

I knew he was going to find a way to show my body off to these so called 'business partners'. The idea of it made me sick.

I'd rather be killed than turned into a piece of meat.

I sighed and went into the closet, grabbing a pair of sweatpants, putting them on.

They were too big for me so I rolled the waistband until they could sit on my hips.