Part 51

Sana's P.O.V. 

As dinner drew closer, I went and took a bath and changed. I went downstairs and met everyone. For the first time, I met their families and they began expressing how grateful they were for this dinner. I made them all sit in the living room and set the food on the middle table. One by one, I served every dish and went and stood next to Mom as I looked at them eating. "If you all want anything else, just feel free to ask me. Don't hesitate. All of this was prepared for you all," I said making them feel as comfortable as possible. "I am so proud of you my baby," Mom said to me, "Today, you remind me of your father and if he was here, he would be so proud of you." "Thank you Mom," I said grateful, "Come, let's eat." I made her sit and served her as well. I took a plate for me and sat next to her. Together, we all had dinner together and as everyone were finished, I brought out dessert, my favourite sugar free ice cream. I gave all the children and then to the adults. By the time dessert were eaten, I gave everyone a bonus in salary, much to their surprise. They all thanked me one by one and left to go home. Mom was helping me clean up the kitchen and living room. "Ok, tell me now, what is really going on?" She asked. I smiled and said, "I'm really happy today." "I can see that but what's the reason?" She asked. "Sidharth," I said. I waited for her confused face to turn into excitement and then happiness as she exclaimed, "You mean, you two..." I nodded. She hugged me and said, "Oh my baby! I am so happy for you. Sidharth is the best person you could ever be with." "Thank you Mom," I said. "So, did he propose?" She asked. "No. I had to talk to you first," I said. "You know that Sidharth was always my choice ever since I met him. I am so happy and relieved that you two are together," she said. 

"I asked him for some time. As soon as I am finish with this project, we will get married," I said. "I can't wait. I feel like announcing it to the entire world!" She exclaimed. I was overjoyed to see her happiness. "Wait! I have an idea," she said. "What?" I asked. "We can get you both engaged for now until you decide on a time to get married," she said. "That's not a bad idea. Let me talk to Sidharth first," I said. "Yes. Go quickly and call him and let me know," she said. "Now?" I asked. "Yes now," she said. "It's quite late. He must be sleeping," I said. "My dear, when a person is in love, they don't sleep. I'm sure he is waking, thinking about you, missing you," she said making me feel shy. She pushed me out the kitchen saying, "Now, go and call him. I will finish up the rest of the cleaning." I went to my room and locked the door. I sat on my bed and called Sidharth. "Hey," he said answering. "You're still awake?" I asked. "Yeah, I have a surgery scheduled for tomorrow so, I was just going over the case file. What about you? How was dinner?" He asked. "It was amazing. Like, everyone were so confused but happy at the same time. Everyone enjoyed the food and I even gave them a hefty bonus," I said. "And did you speak to your Mom?" He asked. "I did," I said. "And, what did she say?" He asked sitting up on the bed. I frowned and made a disappointed face, shaking my head. "Sana, what did she say?" He asked getting frighten. "Sidharth," I said but sighed and dropped my shoulders. "She didn't accept me, didn't she?" He asked. "She not only accepted you but told me that we should get engaged until we plan to get married," I said with the sad face. I looked at him closely for his reaction and as he processed what I told him, he looked at me shocked and said, "Say it again." I smiled and said, "She agreed and asked for us to get engaged." 

"What! Are you serious?" He exclaimed. I nodded. "Oh my God! Sana, I wish you were here, I need to hug you right now," he said. I blew a kiss at him and he dropped on the bed, holding the phone above him. "Can't you come and meet me?" He asked. "I will, but weekend," I said, "And who knows, we might even get engaged." "Honestly, now that I know we have her blessings, I can't wait a second longer. Can't we get engaged tomorrow?" He asked. "We have to make preparations," I said. "You only need two rings," he said. "Sidharth, control your excitement," I said lying down. "That's exactly what I can't do," he said. "It's only a few more days," I said, "And then, I will officially be yours, halfway." "Why halfway?" He asked. "Because, I will be completely yours when we get married," I said. "And when will that be?" He asked. "When the time comes, I will become your wife," I said. "This time! Urgh! When you need it to pass quickly, it slows down on you," he complained. "Patience baby, just some more patience," I said. "I love you," he said. "I love you too," I said. "I love you," he said. I chuckled and repeated, "I love you too." "I love you," he said. "I love you too," I said. "I love you," he said again. "How many times will you tell me?" I asked. "One hundred, one thousand, one million, no matter how many times I tell you, it still would fall short. I don't know how much I should call my love for you," he said. "Infinite," we both said together. "Infinite," he said, "I don't know how I got so lucky to get you." "I got lucky enough to be punished that's how," I said. He giggled saying, "Literally." We talked the entire night until three the next morning. My phone battery was just about to die when he said, "I have to go. My surgery is carded for four," he said. Nodding, I said, "Good luck. Wish you all the best," I said. "I love you," he said. "Love you too," I said. "Bye," he said. "Bye," I said and hung up. I put my phone to charge and closed my eyes. I fell asleep immediately. 

Getting only three hours of sleep, I woke up at six and did my morning routine. I got dressed and went to the office for my first official day of work since it was my first official project. Mom made up an entire team for me from the company and we got to work. Despite waking the entire night, I wasn't at all tired or sleepy. I was working efficiently with my team and we were getting the job done quickly. When lunch came, I went to Mom's office to have lunch with her. "So, what have you guys decided on?" She asked. "He wants to do it weekend itself," I said. She smiled saying, "I was thinking the same thing." "I am thinking about getting it done in Mumbai," I said. "Will he agree to that?" She asked. "I will ask him but, I don't know. I don't think that he will agree," I said. "So, why not Amritsar?" She asked. "I want to have the wedding there. But I can at least get one of my function in my city, right?" I said. "Sana, you aren't going to force him, are you?" She asked. "Of course not. If he doesn't want to have it in Mumbai, I have no problem going to Amritsar. But, won't it be nice if we keep at least one function in Mumbai?" I said. She nodded saying, "You have a point. Do you want me to speak to him? I'm sure he won't refuse me." "It's ok. I'll talk to him myself," I said. We finished lunch and I left Mom's office. 'Text me when you get out of your surgery,' I sent to him. I also got back to work. About an hour later, I got his message saying, 'Hey, what's up.' 'How was your surgery?' I asked. 'Successful,' he said. 'I'm happy for you,' I said. 'I'm out celebrating with Bani,' he wrote. I frowned a bit. I didn't want to sound insecure so I wrote, 'Ok. Have a nice time. I'll call you later.' "Ma'am, can you check this budget plan and tell me if it suits you?" An accountant came to me asking. My phone began ringing and it was Sidharth. 

After a thought, I decided to call him back and discussed the plan with the accountant first. "OK Ma'am, I'll make the changes," he said and left. I called Sidharth on normal voice call but when he answered, there were noise and chatter in the back. "Sidharth? Hello?" I said. "Sana!" He yelled but I still could hardly hear him. "Ma'am, this is the plan," One girl said coming to me. She showed me a layout of the garden from above. "Do you think we should line the trees in this order or turn it around to..." she asked but my phone rang again. It was Sidharth again. I didn't realise the call had hung up earlier. I answered it and said to the girl, "Give me two minutes." She nodded and left. "Hey," I said holding the phone to my ear. "Are you busy?" He asked. "Yeah. I am working on my project," I said. "OK well, I will call you later," he said. "Yeah. Ok. Bye," I said. "Bye," he said softly. I felt a bit guilty on not talking to him but I had to work as well. I continued with my day's work and at the end of the day, I returned home tired and drained of all my energy. I was extremely tired and sleepy and took off my shoes and laid on my bed. I took my phone out and called Sidharth. He didn't pick up. I tried a few more times but he didn't answer. Getting worried a bit, I called Sharad. "Hey," he said answering. "Hi. I was trying to call Sidharth. Do you know where he is?" I asked. He sighed and said, "He and Bani are out partying I think. Sidharth's surgery along with her father was a major success so they are celebrating." "Ohh..." I said frowning. "Are you alright?" He asked. "No its just I was trying to call him but he isn't picking up. I just wanted to know if he was safe," I said. "That's strange of him. Wait, I'll call Bani and check," he said. "It's ok. You can give me her number and I will call," I said. "Yeah, Ok, note it down," he said. I took a pen and wrote the number on my hand. "Thanks Sharad," I said. "It's ok," he said. I hung up and called Bani. She also didn't pick up in the first call so I called again. "Hello," she answered. "Hi, Bani?" I asked. "Speaking," she said. "This is Sana," I said. "Oh! Hi, how are you?" She asked. "I'm fine. Is Sidharth with you?" I asked. "Yes he is with me. Do you want to talk to him?" She asked. I felt hurt. "It's ok. I just wanted to know if he is safe," I said. "He..." she started but I ended the call. I sighed and dropped my shoulders. Somehow, I couldn't help but to remember when he proposed to her. Even if he didn't feel anything or meant it, she could still feel for him, right? What if she liked him? And what if while doing all of this, Sidharth started to get attracted to her? I hated admitting it but I was getting insecure. Now that I knew what losing Sidharth felt like, I feared being away from him for long. I got a message from him asking, 'Are you alright?' I frowned and wrote back, 'Yes. I'm fine. Talk to you tomorrow.' I dropped on my bed and stared at the ceiling.

___________________

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this update. Vote, comment and share my story! Until we meet again! Bye!