Chapter 3: Berlin

The train pulls up to the station and we could hear a voice over the speaker, speaking in German, about our stop. Newt had kneel down to his case and was petting the baby Qilin. "You're all right, little one." he whispers as we wait for the train to fully stop then he shuts the case.

"Berlin. Wonderful." Hicks said, sarcastically, as she stands up and walks over the windows and Theseus was tying his tie. Kama gets up and walks over to the door when Theseus stands up. "Kama...stay safe." He tells him and Kama just stares at him then walks out.

Moments later, I noticed Uncle Edmund reaching out for Newt's case, which was in Newt's hand, and grabs the handle. "I must be going too now, Newt." He said as Newt turns to him, shocked that he was about to take his case. Newt jerks a bit but Edmund places a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"I know that the case is important to you, my boy. But...No one can know everything...not even you." Uncle Edmund said and Newt looks him over before, reluctantly, let's go of the case. "I promise it will be safe, Newt." Uncle Edmund said and he pats Newt's shoulder then starts to walk away.

"You be careful." I tell them and he turns to me, nods and steps out of the train and walk out on the platform. Kama and Uncle Edmund exchange looks before they go their separate ways, Kama to the left and Edmund to the right.

"Right. Well, here it is." Newt said as he, Theseus, Jacob, Jason, Hicks and I walk up to an alley and towards a wall, which turns into a gateway. We all walk through and it leads us to German Ministry building. We walked out onto the courtyard to see banners of Anton Vogel, Liu and Santos all hanging off of the walls of the building.

"German Ministry of Magic?" Theseus asked. "Yes." Newt and I replied as fireworks go off in the distance. "I take it we're here for a reason." Theseus said as we watch the fireworks. "Yes, we have a tea ceremony to attend...and if we don't hurry up, we'll be late." I said and we start to walk.

The next thing I knew, we were walking in the middle of a crowd, one side chanting for Santos and the other was chanting for Liu, guards were on either side to make sure the people don't fight. I felt a bit uncomfortable, so I reach down and grab Newt's hand and he holds mine tightly.

"Evening...Helmut." Theseus greets as he walks up to man with dark hair and in a suit. "Theseus." Helmut said as Theseus, Newt and I walk past the guards. They started to speak in German with each other and we turn to see they were blocking Jacob, Jason and Hicks from entering. "Hey, hey. They're with me." Theseus said to them and the guards steps aside, letting them in.

"I take it we're not here for the finger sandwiches." Theseus whispers as we entered the large ballroom where there were hundreds of important Wizarding people inside as they drink and eat the said sandwiches. "No, I have a message to deliver." Newt replied. "A message? To who?" Theseus asked and at that moment Vogel had entered the room and started to shake hands with some people. "You are joking." Theseus said, disbelieving. "No." Newt said and we walk towards Vogel.

*3rd Person POV*

"What am I even doing here? Let's go outside." Jacob said as Newt, Theseus and (y/n) walk away. "I'm not very good in these situations." Jacob said to Hicks and Jason. "These situations?" Hicks asked him. "With all the people, the fancy people." Jacob said as Hicks gives him a confused look. 

"Don't blame you, Mr Kowalski. I don't feel comfortable here either." Jason remarked. "Surely, you're joking. I mean, I have heard that your mother had thrown parties like these all the time." Hicks said and Jason scoffed at this. "Yes, my mother, who always wanted the finer things in life, including fancy parties...doesn't mean that I liked them. I don't think I ever will, now knowing what she is...seeing this is just bringing up bad memories." Jason said as he gives a hard stare at the people around them.