XVII - Belly

Belly POV:

***

I come downstairs and see Jere eating breakfast alone. He looks just as happy about last night as I am.

"Morning," I say.

"Good morning, Bells." He strings out the 'good'.

"Want one?" He points to the green shake on the table.

No. I pick up a box of Lucky Charms and down them into my mouth.

"Okay." He laughs, "I take it you and Tay-Tay haven't made up yet?" He asks.

"Nope." I say with my mouthful. "We haven't talked since last night."

"Mmm," He nods. "Here." He moves a glass of milk and an empty bowl over to me so I can have cereal the right way.

"Thanks."

"Well, when does she leave?" He asks.

"Uh, in a couple hours." I answer. "Her and Y/n are upstairs packing now."

"Y/n's still happy with her?" He asks.

"She doesn't know yet." I sigh. "She'll be mad too when Taylor's done lying to her."

Jeremiah just nods and takes another sip of his green shake.

"Hey, do you wanna go on a muffin run?" I ask. "I- I have to get out of the house."

"I'm always down for a muffin run." He smiles.

It is so great have a friend like Jere that is always there for me. I don't know what I'd do without him.

"I have to go get something from my room, while I do that would you mind grabbing the keys from Conrad's room?" He asks.

"Yeah, sure. Uh, is he home?" I ask, nervous that I might bump into him.

"No, he spent the night at Nicole's." Jere answers.

Great. Of course he did. I'm not sure if I physically frowned but my mind did.

"Oh. Um.." My voice comes out small. "Do you know where he keeps the keys?" I ask, finding my voice again.

"Uh, they should be in his desk." He answers.

I nod and go up to get them.

Con's room is how it always is. Perfectly neat and displaying all of his hobbies.

I walk over to his desk and open the drawer.

Condoms, I make a noise, gross.

I keep looking and find a little black sack. I look behind me to make sure nobody is there. The coast is clear so I open it and the little black box inside it.

It's an infinity sign necklace.

At least he remembered infinity. Doesn't he know, for him, I would've traveled endlessly around those curves?

I put the box and the bag back and grab the keys.