Perilous Escapades

As you got off the elevator on the floor where you were supposed to retrieve gears for Alice Angel, you knew you had to get going. You went into a brisk jog so you could find gearboxes, pull the main gears from them, and then return to Alice. Remembering areas you'd seen with gearboxes before, you quickly found ine but as you opened it, you saw it had already been gutted. A noise coming from behind you quickly lead to you turning around and smacking whoever tried to sneak up on you with the wrench you'd been given, hitting a twisted and mangled version of Edgar and knocking it to the floor. It soon dissapeared into a puddle of ink and you spotted the missing gear on the floor, picking it up and quickly gathering other gears from around the level.

As you walked up to the elevator and pushed the button, you suddenly got whacked in the side of your head again as you turned to see a blob of ink that somewhat resembled a person as it reached out and grabbed your arm. You'd lost the wrench when it hit you so all you could do was squirm and try and get your arm free. "Let me Go!" You shouted as you were pushed to the floor. You tried to kick the thing away but your foot went right into it, looking around for anything, you saw the wrench you'd dropped a few feet away. You reached out your hand as the blob constantly hit your legs in an attempt to neutralize you, but the wrench was just out of your reach, and it was suddenly picked up by another hand...

You looked up to the best of your abilities as the thing holding onto you suddenly vanished, you soon recognized the tall and thin frame, bends all over the body with a horned head with an eternal grin staring down at you... the ink demon. You tried backing up to the best of your abilities but the creature from earlier hit surprisingly hard and your legs had gone numb at that point. You pressed up against the wall as the elevator slowly came to your left and opened, the ink demon seeming to notice it and what happened next confused you to no end...

The ink demon looked up to the banister and your eyes drifted up and saw a normal, or as normal as giant living cartoon characters can be, version of Edgar looking through the supports of the railing. The ink demon looked back to you and suddenly dropped the wrench it was still holding and walked away, dissapearing into a poster on the wall.

You turned to see that Edgar was still peeking through the banister railing supports and appeared extremely afraid. "Hey there Edgar, I'm not going to hurt you. You can come down." You said as you got on your knees and held out your hand. Edgar looked behind him and then quickly jumped over the railing and dove right into your arms, Inky tears coming out of his eyes. You held him in a comforting fashion, remembering that he was practically a child in the cartoons. You also picked up the wrench you had and walked into the elevator, pressing the elevator and beginning your decent back down to the Angel's floor.

When you got there you saw Boris and Charley putting the items they'd gotten into a sort of mail box by the now closed door, when Edgar saw Charley he lept from your arms and ran up to him and nearly tackled him to the ground. "EDGAR! YOUR ALIVE AND WELL!" Charley said as the two had a nice heart warming reunion. A single tear even formed in the corner of Charley's eye before he quickly swiped it away. Then Alice spoke out through the speakers again, "Thank you for bringing me what I need, for that I am eternally thankful. But now it is time for us to part, I don't want her to see you and try something. Return to the lift and I'll return you to the first floor. Farewell."

You nodded and the four of you departed for the elevator, as you hopped in the elevator went up floor by floor. While there were so many questions you still had about the things you'd encountered in this place, you wanted the others to be safe and sound with you. You thought back to when you first met Charley, when Boris rescued the two of you from Sammy, suddenly finding Edgar after being saved by the Ink Demon. You soon heard what sounded like Alice crying over the speaker before she began to maniacally laugh, the elevator then out of nowhere dropping. "DO YOU REALLY THINK I'D LET YOU STEAL FROM ME? YOU THINK I COULD JUST LET YOU GO!?" The demonic side of Alice shouted as Edgar and Boris trembled as the four of you went airborne from the sudden change, "COME BACK DOWN! AND BRING ME BACK MY CHARACTERS! THEIR THE MOST PERFECT ONES I'VE SEEN! I NEED THEIR INSIDES, SO I CAN BE BEAUTIFUL AGAIN! Once... Your... DEAD!!!"

The elevator finally hit the bottom floor and the crash immediately knocked you out cold, only being able to hear Boris faintly shout, "(Y/N)!"

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

You rubbed your head as you opened your eyes to see Boris shaking you awake, as Charley and Edgar stood in the back, along with a slowly approaching figure. You pointed to the figure as best you could but you blacked out again, only seeing the three being captured by the fallen angel and dragged into the darkness.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

You felt like you were having a bad dream as you heard something in the distance, it sounded like muffled talking again, You tried to open your eyes to see a short figure in tattered clothing looking around the area. You grunted in pain as the figure noticed and ran over saying, "Oh my Joey you're alive!" The voice sounded like a young kid and as your vision slowly cleared, you were met with a very small character who despite the clothing change, you recognized instantly...

 You grunted in pain as the figure noticed and ran over saying, "Oh my Joey you're alive!" The voice sounded like a young kid and as your vision slowly cleared, you were met with a very small character who despite the clothing change, you recogniz...

"...Bendy...?"