| 2.12 |

There was a thick tension in the basement of Jake's house once Jungwon and I arrived. Emiko and Riki had already shown up before us, and whereas Emiko was happily chatting with Lin and Sunoo, there kept being sent mean looks Riki's way, from Sunoo.

"They visited, right?" Emiko immediately questioned as I rushed over to sit by her and Lin, happily smiling before nodding. It seemed like a weird answer to such a question, but I felt sort of relieved now that I sat with Emiko and Lin, "what are we gonna do?"

"That's what we're gonna figure out," Jungwon decided before glancing around the room, "but I think... for that Sunoo and Riki needs to make up."

"He left Lin behind!" Sunoo exclaimed, "it's his fault they even went to Maine in the first place!"

"I didn't leave her behind!" Riki exclaimed in denial, he seemed so full of anger. More than I had ever seen him, "will you stop accusing me of things? You won't even listen to me when I tell the whole story!"

"Lin knows what happened," Emiko quietly reminded while Lin just frowned between Sunoo and Riki, "why don't you ask her?"

"Riki never left me behind," Lin frowned at Sunoo, who immediately went mute while his mouth still moved slightly, almost as if he was talking.

"What did I say!" Riki exclaimed at Sunoo, while gesturing at Lin, "do you really believe I'm so shallow that I'll just leave her behind?"

"I... Riki never left willingly," Lin shook her head quietly, "he stayed with me until I realized I couldn't doo all of the things we planned for me to do. When I knew I was unable to fulfill the plan," Lin slowly explained, "I possessed him to leave, with the last bit of energy I had left."

"You saved him," I commented and she immediately nodded in return.

"He kept screaming for me to stop once he realized what I was doing to him," Lin nodded quietly, "Riki never wanted to leave."

"How can you posses him into using his skills?" Jungwon frowned in confusion making Lin simply shrug.

"It wasn't that hard once I first was in his mind. And once I knew he was somewhere else and I returned to reality, they had already grabbed onto me and were dragging me away," Lin excused with a shrug, "Riki never left willingly."

"Well... that's settled now," Emiko muttered before leaning back in the couch, "so what do we do now?"

"Everyone that's been around town looking for you is people from the lab here in Meadow Ville, not from Maine or anywhere else," Sunoo shrugged, "as far as I've seen at least. So you're only important for that lab. The others couldn't care less."

"So if we just..." Emiko trailed off slowly before looking over at me.

"Shut down the lab completely," I hummed in agreement, immediately understanding what she was going for.

"But how?" Riki frowned making me glance at him.

"You boys barely have your skills, so you'll just stay and make sure nothing happens to the town or the others," I muttered calmly before frowning to myself.

"I'll have to shut down the whole security system," Lin immediately read from my mind and I nodded at her.

"Your skills do it much better than I do," I nodded at her, "Emiko will have to sneak us in. If we can get the whole security and electric system shut down... we can go through the whole lab room by room instead of taking it all at once."

"Why do we have to stay here?" Sunoo questioned once again.

"Because you have to," I quietly excused and picked at the hem of my shorts, "it's too dangerous, now that we're back."