27 | sun & flowers

IN HER WHOLE 18 YEARS OF living indigo stewart has never gotten a hug from matt sturniolo.

it was only when they got news they hugged but that was absolutely it.

and she liked it that way.

just the fact that physical contact between the two was not something they enjoyed and especially with each other.

never has she ever gotten a hug from him and never has he ever gotten a hug from her.

not even when they were comforting each other, which was rarely. not even when their so excited, not even when the other gives them something.

only when there where news, and that's because they grew up with mary lou telling them that's what we do in this house.

but no hugging.

and it was comforting.

indie walked into the living room holding a cup of tea in her hand while sitting on the couch matt opposite her.

"i made tea." she tells.

"i don't want tea." matt says flopping through the tv channels.

"i didn't make tea for you. this is my tea." she clears up sipping it.

"then why are you telling me?" he looks at her annoyed.

"it's a conversation starter." indie shrugs.

"that's a lousy conversation starter." he scoffs looking back at the television.

"oh is it? we're conversing aren't we?" indie smirks.

matt looks at her rolling his eyes briefly.

"checkmate." she giggles softly under her breath.

that couldn't help the itty bitty smile to climb up matt's face.

"what if the g in gif was silent?" indie ponders out loud.

"go the fuck back into your room." matt groans.

"what gif i don't want to." she giggles at her joke.

"fuck you-" matt was cut off when indie was literally launching at him.

"yo inds what are- what're you doing!" he screams as she snatched the remote from his hand.

"shark boy and lava girl." the redhead plays the movie.

"no!" matt screams grabbing it back and playing the show he e was watching before.

"what! why?! you had the tv for an hour i get it now!" she grabs it back.

"hey!" he yells snatching it.

"bro what! i get the remote now you had it for a long time!" she screams as he reaches it higher in the air and her holding his chest to try and take it.

"no i get to." matt snarls.

she hits his chest making him fall back but revenge was key so he grabbed her with him.

"ow-" indie was cut off when she fell on top of him.

taking her fall.

the two stayed quiet as they both looked to the remote that was flung onto the floor.

gazing back to each other, then back to the object.

and then in two seconds both of them jumped to it, hoping they got to it first.

indie snatched it trying to crawl away but feeling a hand around her ankle and suddenly being flung right back to him.

"gimme!" he laughs trying to reach it.

indigo was under him as he try's anything to take it.

his fingers contacting into her hips making her giggle and scream.

"not! fair!" her voice try's to act serious it didn't really work cause she was cackling.

perfect time to take it, she was weak with laughter pinning her hands on top of her head he try's his best.

but no.

the two didn't even know how they got there but matt was so close that she could barely breath her own air.

the boy looks down to the redhead watching as her freckles looked like consolations and boy did he want to match them up.

his eyes glance to her.

her face a blush red from the laughing lips pumped because of her smiles and her eyes staring into his.

she looked delicate, like a flower born to be picked.

a lily that was on display, maybe a tulip that lived in spring, or a dahlia that grew with the power of only the sun.

indie looks to him.

he looked like the sun.

maybe when it's rising or maybe when it's setting, or even maybe in the middle of the day when you can barely see it, but you forget that it is the light that's guiding you.

matt gazed at her hair softly.

he always jokes about it, but it was nothing he can comprehend.

and maybe her freckles where nice too.

all of a sudden he was cut off from his gaze when indigo snatched the remote from his hand and running away.

something they need to know is that, during this whole moment they should have seen the moon and the stars, and how they turned their faces because they could not handle the intensity of their light.

and we all know that they would be lying if they told the other that losing them was something they could handle.

H speaks!
oh goodness

MY HEARTTTTT UGHHH GET TOGETHER ALRERR

LOVE UUU