iii. never, for eternity

❝ am i delusional to think she loves me back? ❞

BEING A HUNDRED PERCENT HONEST , athena thought she was going insane

the reason? the little bitch of a guy hades is.

she could never have peace when she was around him -which was basically always- he continously pestered her, whether it be off topic conversations about the most delirious things, or follow her around telling her random facts about penguins. he was always there.

she- she loved it though. she loved how all his attention was on her all the time. she loved how he followed her around like a lost puppy. she loved how he made jokes about him being such a good boyfriend. she loved the utter nonsense he said. she loved-

wait.

she, went a little off to the delusional thoughts over there, didn't she? he didn't like her, right?

he was just being nice to her because no one else was, he was merely treating her like a human being, simply putting, offering the bare minimum right?

she shouldn't take it seriously.....right?

but what if-

'no.' she told herself slapping her hands on her cheek and shaking her head, feeling her face heating.

"ya got a fever or something?"

'speak of the devil.' she thought, before calming herself down and turning around to face him, seeing his face close to her own, extremely close.

his perfectly sculpted nose almost touching hers, his lips only mere inches away from hers as she looked into his eyes, watching as his pupil dilated in surprise, deep maroon hue spreading across his face, his eyebrows scrunching together as he stuttered to get the words out, backing away a good few steps before finally speaking.

"s-sorry. um, are you alright? you seemed a little out of your head over there." he asked, concern lacing his voice, although his flustered expression, his fidgeting fingers, and his eyes that wandered anywhere but hers made her think there was something else there along with concern...something she couldn't decipher, nor understand.

"ah, but it seems you're having a harder time than me? you're practically have steam coming out your ears. are you okay?" she asked instead, smoothly avoiding the question directed at her and getting the attention off of her.

he blushed even harder, turning his head as his curls fell over his face, cascading around his pale cheeks.

"yeah, i'm fine..." he trailed off, awkwardly rubbing his neck as he turned to look at her, finding her already staring at him.

"you sure?" she hesitated, before walking towards him, putting her scar littered hand on his forehead, checking his temperature.

almost at once, all color from his face disappeared, his face draining to become pale, before all the blood returned in a second, his pale complexion turning red by the tick of the clock. he shakily wrapped his own hand around hers, gently removing them.