iv. hide & seek

❝ you're a good boy, aren't you? ❞

A SPARK NEGLECTED BURNS THE HOUSE.

- it was a story athena had read when she was in first grade and frankly quite bored, a story about two neighbouring families having hatred and jealousy between them. caused by a small fight dating from generations before, creating a never-ending rivalry for both the families.

this story fit quite well in today's debate, where a prophecy heard wrong ended with a battle so destructive it ended lives of thousands, along with the hopes and happiness of many.

harry james potter was a, child, in simple terms. a child who was thrust into a world he didnt know existed and was forced with a burden so tiring even an adult would've lost all hope in winning. he was a child who was torn apart from his family and left at the doorsteps of his good-for-nothing aunt and uncle, where he was kept malnourished, beaten almost every day for small mistakes, and bullied by his cousin, dudley.

he was a child who was left alone to figure out mysteries and not have a single day of peace. he was a child who was stranded all on his own to fight monsters that would haunt any normal kids nightmares, maybe even an adults. he was a child who was left to fight the man who killed his parents, and the man responsible for single handedly ruining lifes of many.

harry potter, was a child. a child who shouldn't have had to carry the weight of a entire population's safety on his shoulders.

he, was a child.

pretty sad story, he deserved better.

anyways-

he was also the topic of discussion for todays daily dose of banter.

on a rainy wednesday, hades randomly came into athena's room, almost waddling like a penguin, a grin on his soft lips as he approached her, sitting down on the floor next to her armchair where she was seated, reading one of the many books she stole from his office. not that he cared, he wasn't one to read alot anyways.

"hey." he muttered, smiling as he looked up at her, before clapping his hands together as if hes just won something.

"ive got an interesting adventure for you~!" he exclaimed.

when he saw she wasnt paying attention, he frowned, instead she was paying more of her -addicting (according to hades)- attention into whatever dogshit book that was laying in her lap.

"thena! pay attention to me! please??" he whined, folding his arms and pouting, before he got an idea.

an almost insidious look adorned his face as he got up from the floor and snatched the book out her hands, squealing like a toddler as he ran from her room, adrenaline filling his veins as he didn't dare look back, hoping she wouldnt catch him quickly.

"YOU PIECE OF WRINKLED TISSUE PAPER!" he heard her scream, stifling a laugh as he heard her cussing him out, he sprinted towards the hall, running around with a smile, his heart thumping out his chest as he tried to hurriedly find a hiding spot in the lounge area, craning his neck and whipping his head around like a mad man trying to find a shadowed corner hidden away from eye-sight.