Chapter 38

Chapter 38: Remembered

I just want to have fun today.

The past week has been exhausting enough for me to still worry about what the internet says about me or my life. I will have real fun today, especially now that I have to work with them.

Did he survive? It would be a shame if he didn't.

Sinigurado muna namin na puno ang pagkain at tubig ni Lilly para kahit na matagalan kami ay hindi siya maguguton. We also made sure that all the windows were closed she woudn't have any way to sneak out.

We accidently bumped into my manager on the parking lot. Sa malayo pa lang ay alam kong nagmamadali na siyang makalapit sa amin.

"You are stressing out our manager," Hestia whispered and chuckled. "I can't imagine losing your primary source of wealth."

"Do you think I am losing?" I rolled my eyes.

A single bad thing about me will not be enough to shoot me down from my place. Do they really think that I stepped my game too far ahead of everyone just to lose in the end?

"Where the hell are two going?" Hando scowled. His fixed hair was unusually messy and as well was his polo shirt. "You cannot just go out in public after the scandal!"

"Scandal?" I chuckled.

"Anyway..." He sighed and tried to calm himself. "I know what to do now. I have already talked to Dylan about this matter. Ipapabalas natin na edited ang leaked photo na 'yon."

I just stared at him idly.

"But to be able to do that successfully, I want your cooperation. So, please. Stay inside so you can avoid complicating things more. Please!"

I understood his idea, but I don't think he understood mine. You cannot simply push me back if I am already dressed. I am now just dressed today. I am fully prepared.

"Hestia." Hando nodded. "Please escort her back to your apartment."

Hestia stood still.

Hando looked at us hopelessly. Gusto kong maawa sa kanya dahil alam kong ginagawa niya ang lahat para iligtas ang career ko, pero matagal na akong bayad sa kanya. He never genuinely cared for me. He just wanted me because he needed me. That just means he could easily throw me under the bus if needed.

"You see..." He exhaled first. "I am trying my best to save you, Nathalia. I know how much your career means to you. I am so scared right now. I am so scared knowing things wouldn't get better after this."

"You run away when you are scared," I smiled at him, which caused him more confusion. "You see, Hando. I know you more than you know me. I know what you did to your past models."

"Nathalia..." Tumalim ang tingin niya sa akin. "You owe me everything you have. If it were not for me, you wouldn't be the Nathalia Cardinal you are now."

"Taking credits, silencing, throwing under the bus, manipulating," I smirked as I closed the distance between us. "That's you are, Roman Hando."

"Which one do you think you deserve?" he asked.

My fists clenched.

"Guys..." Pumagitna sa amin si Hestia. "I think you two need to calm down. We are in the parking lot. This may be a private place, but I don't want to risk it all by neglecting the situation. So... chill."

"What do you want then, Nathalia Cardinal?" Hando asked. "If I wouldn't try to cover up your situation, what do you think could happen?"

"I would still be Nathalia Cardinal. I don't know about you, though. Who would you be without me?"