Halloween Party

"Nigga now I have to go to this Halloween party with the girl. I don't even like her on that level for real. She's cool and all but she not the one for me." I say into the phone.

I was talking to one of my homeboys back from Compton. His name is Bobby. We've been close since like fifth grade. I basically call him my brother.

"You did that to yourself and how you even know she ain't the one?" He responds.

"She's a blonde and that should tell you all you need to know." I answer.

"See I told you about fucking with them blonde girls. You just don't like to listen." Bobby says.

"Nigga you're not listening. I'm not fucking with the blonde one. I'm just going to the party with her. This whole conversation has been about some stupid ass crush that I developed for Maddy like two summers ago." I reply.

"Stupid? Remember when you had that crush on Alexa? And nigga I know I ain't the smartest but even I could point out how similar Maddy and Lex look. You got a type lil nigga." He says.

"Exactly, that gives me even more reasons to just get over the damn crush. We both know how that relationship ended. Maddy would just be Alexa all over again. Real niggas shouldn't have to deal with broken hearts but that was just a tragic situation." I say somewhat laughing at my own pain.

"You can't think every shawty is gon' do you like Lex. Didn't you say the girl got a man anyway? Just fuck with the blonde chick to make her mad or something." Bobby says.

"Ya know that just might work. You might be smart after all." I joke.

"Haha very funny." He fakes laughs.

____________________

Here I was entering the party with Cassie on my arm. I'm not one for using people but I took what Bobby said into consideration and decided to go with it. We sat down at a table with all the other girls minus Maddy.

"Rue what the fuck is your costume?" I ask.

"I'm Marlene Dietrich." She answers like it was obvious.

I look at her blankly. "Who the fuck is that?"

"You've never seen the movie Morocco?" She asks.

"No and I've never heard of it either." I say.

"It came out in like 1930." Rue adds.

"No wonder. That was over 80 years ago. It's 2019 girl." I say.

"What are you then?" She asks.

"The greatest drug trafficking leader that the world has ever known. El Chapo. This outfit is what he wore when he got famously arrested in 2016. After escaping prison for the second time." I answer.

"Pablo Escobar does exist though." Kat says.

"Nah he's not as cool as Chapo though. Ya know it's been reported that he killed between 2,000 to 3,000 people. Such a cool ass dude. Besides he rocked the fuck out this mustache." I respond while pointing to the fake piece of hair on my face.

"Considering that you're a drug dealer, I think the costume is really good." Lexi said.

"Thank you Lexi. Bob Ross looks good on you." I reply.

"Oh but you know who that is." Rue mumbles.

"Everyone does." I say.

Everyone's eyes turn as the dude I hated the most walks in with the girl that I can't seem to stop thinking about.