| lix: two can play a game |

"I have waited for eight long years, just for this moment

"I have waited for eight long years, just for this moment." — Mukesh Agarwal, The Serial Killer, His Inconvenient Bride

" — Mukesh Agarwal, The Serial Killer, His Inconvenient Bride

Jaipur, India

I came back home with thousands of doubts in my mind. My heart was trembling and I couldn't think straight. Sitting in the confines of my room, I couldn't help but think about it over and over again.

The more I thought of it, the more I was certain that Mukesh Chachu was the serial killer.

I know he saw right through me. I felt my skin crawling in fear. The anxiousness was taking a toll on my body and I sat on the edge of my bed, in a tight posture, my hands fisting the sheets while my toes curled in fear.

My heart was hammering against my chest. I wasn't feeling really good. I had already dialled Vihaan to come back soon. I had toured around nonchalantly to see if everyone was back at home or not.

I was tearing up, I was continuously bobbing my knee up and down, waiting for my husband.

I didn't have a good feeling.

An hour had already passed and I was still waiting for him. The night had fallen and it was a little over eight. My hands were sweaty all of a sudden.

Right then, Vihaan barged into the room. He looked dishevelled, the tiredness on his face was clearly visible.

I just got up from the bed and ran to him, jumping in his arms. Wrapping my arms around his neck I held onto him, pulling him close to me. I could feel his hands moving from my waist to my back, hugging me tightly.

"What happened?" He mumbled. My eyes welled up with tears. I held onto him as if I was hanging onto my life, clutching him so hard that no air could pass between us.

Vihaan forced us to break apart. He looked at me worriedly, cupping my cheeks. "What happened?" I gulped. I was on the verge of breaking down.

"I—" I stopped midway as my eyes moved over to the dressing table. I blinked my eyes to clear my vision before I left Vihaan to walk over to my dressing table.