The Big Bat

After counting the total votes from my Patreón and this site love interest was finalized to be...

HANABI

Extra 10 chapters on my Patreón

Link in synopsis.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Even though the voice wasn't too loud, a soundwave came toward Yami. He tried to cover himself from the wave and even added chakra to his hands and crossed them in front of him but the soundwave passed right through.

'Damm just one sentence was able to make my internal organs vibrate in my body. It even ignored chakra. I should have practiced a few earth-type spells and made an earth wall. The one who just spoke seems to be the head of the bats here. This sound attack proves how the bodies of the previous owners were in such a bloody state. Their inside organs must have been destroyed if the head of this bats wants to kill them.' Yami thought as he hadn't still decided whether to go in or not. After thinking for a few seconds, he came to the conclusion that he can't turn back now he might as well give it a try.

Yami went in and saw many torches around the walls illuminating the whole place. The place was like a big underground room and also the end of the cave. The height of this was nearly 100 feet. At the corners of these rooms were more statues of Gargoyles but these were way more big and scary looking. If there weren't any torches around the cave then Yami wouldn't be able to even see how high the ceiling was in this cave room.

There was a big pole 90 feet above the ground which was going from one side of the cave to another. In the middle of the pole, a big bat was hanging upside down. The bat had covered his entire body with his wings. This bat was the size of nearly 50-60 feet. At every breath of this bat, its thin wings would vibrate a little and even the air around it would shiver.

'For a bat, he is really big but still looks smaller than Gamabunta. Let's hope he is stronger than those toads as well as those other two sage caves. I don't even know whether bats have their sage mode.' Yami thought.

"You are a kid." came the voice from inside those thin wings and it echoed around the cave room. Hearing this Yami felt a little insulted as if the bat was looking down on him just because of his age.

' You asshole, in my world people put you guys in soup. *hmph*" Yami thought but controlled his anger and said "You really intend to talk to me without showing me your face?"

As Yami said that one of the wings moved and created a little gap and between that gap Yami saw a big red eye. Just seeing that eye sent shivers down Yami's spine. He felt as if the eyes were looking into his soul and trying to claw out all his secrets.

'He gives me a look as if I had run away with his daughter or something. What should I do now?' Yami thought but then the wings closed back and a voice came from inside.

"Why are you here kid?"

Yami quickly responded "I want to form a summoning contract with a bat. And I wanted to ask why are there no one in the 5 villages with bat summons? Why does no one know about your existence?"

Without wasting much time Yami asked everything on his mind and he got a reply quickly as well.

"To form a summoning contract you just have to survive. And for the other two questions...you aren't qualified enough to know about it. And brat it isn't bats but blood bats clan. I hear you call us just bats again and I will turn your insides into pulp."

After hearing this Yami gulped his saliva and thought 'What does he mean by just survive? He is also very prideful as a blood bat and doesn't hesitate to give out threats just like that.'

"What do you mean by survive?" Yami asked.

The big blood bat said "The bats around you will attack you and inject their poison into your body. The poison will change your body from the inside as well as from the outside. If you can survive through the process then you get a summoning contract."

"And what if I don't?" Yami asked in a confused expression. Actually, Yami already knew the answer to that but he wanted to be sure. And the next second his worst fears came true.

"Then you turn into a slushy-filled bag just like those humans who came years before you." the bat said in a relaxed tone.

Before Yami could even come to a decision on whether to take the test or not, the bat vibrated once again in a humming sound.

'Looks like he doesn't intend to give me any chance to decide.' Yami thought and all the bats around him started leaving the ceiling and flew in circles around him. Slowly the number of bats began to increase and after a few seconds, it was like a bid dark shadow circling and it had thousands of small red eyes all looking at him.

They start to get closer and closer and Yami could feel the air pressure building up around him. Suddenly one of the bats came and scratched Yami's elbow. Yami just had a shallow cut but just as a drop of blood appeared on his skin, the bats around him went nuts and started rushing at him.

'The big bat said to survive them not fight with them.' Yami thought and more bats start to attack him and pass by. This continued to happen for the next few minutes and when they all went away a blood-covered Yami stood there with hands folded.

He was still hanging onto the last shred of his consciousness and seeing that he had survived, a smile appeared on his face and he was about to say something when he heard the big bat's voice again.

"The easier part is done now let's see how your body uses the poison. If it fights then you will end up like those who tried before you and if your body accepts it then..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To read 6 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://patreón.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.

I am also writing a novel called 'Soul Spirit Ascension' so please give it a read and shower some of those powerstones.