~First Date (Tiana)~

This oneshot was requested by blerbeee. Enjoy, I hope you like it! I decided to put my own little twist onto your prompt, if that's okay.

________________________________________________________________________________

✩Tam's POV✩

I anxiously waited with my legs crossed over each other patiently, fidgeting with a loose thread on the woven picnic blanket under me. The sun was slowly sinking downward, not quite sunset yet, but close. The sky began to turn from a soft blue to a light indigo, stars slowly appearing to be barely visible in the sky. I smiled with relief as a distant shadow trekked their way up the hill, to under the oak tree.

She was beautiful, with the setting sun lighting up her face and her wavy dark brown hair cascading down her back, swaying slightly as she walked up. Her teal eyes sparkled like they always did, with strength and power and a kind of admiration that was reserved just for me, somehow. She smiled shyly as she sat down on the blanket next to me delicately.

"You look beautiful," I blurted out, digging my nails into the picnic blanket so they wouldn't shoot up to cover my mouth.

Biana blushed. "Um, you too. And, thank you."

"You're welcome." I paused, inching my hand towards the basket. "Would you like something to eat?"

"Yes, please," Biana gushed, reaching into the basket hastily. "I'm starving. Sophie forced me to do all this battle training, and now I want food." She pulled out a can of human soda and popped the cap, the can fizzing indignantly as she put it up to her lips. "What is this stuff?"

I shrugged. "Something I picked up from the Forbidden Cities."

"It's delicious," Biana complimented, taking another sip of the fizzy drink.

"Eh, you can have it. I prefer coffee." I pulled a warm thermos out of the basket and unscrewed the lid to take a sip.

Biana peered over me, looking at the dark, bitter liquid. "You seriously don't put any milk in that?"

"Nope," I said unapologetically.

"That's disgusting." Biana wrinkled her nose.

"Says you," I retorted. "You're the one with that weird fizzy human stuff that tastes like shit."

"Says the guy whose drink is literally the color of shit," Biana rebutted, elbowing me in the ribs.

My eyes lit up as an idea popped into my head. I grabbed an extra can of soda from the basket, and poured it into the grass. Biana gasped indignantly as half of the drink soaked up into the soil below.

"What the fuck are you-" Biana started to say, pausing as she saw me pour a taste of my coffee into half empty can.

"You're mixing them?! Biana said incredulously. "Who are you, Satan?"

I lightly shook the can of the two drinks, careful not to spill any drops onto the blanket. I took a sip, and smacked my lips.

"Pretty good," I admitted. "Taste it."

Biana reluctantly sipped the drink, waiting a moment to taste the drink gingerly, before her teal eyes widened and she spit out the drink onto the grass.

"That's even worse than regular coffee," she said between gags. I laughed.

"Well, at least you tried it, right?" I said, reaching into the basket again. "Here, wash the taste out with these." I handed Biana a light yellow box laced with golden trim that glittered against the sunset. Biana greedily snatched the box, her eyes glimmering as she saw the food inside.

"Aw man, are these those weird French cookies Sophie told us about?" Biana asked me excitedly. I chuckled and nodded a yes.

"Macaroons," I corrected as Biana shoved a mint green cookie into her mouth.

"Okay, these are delicious," Biana mumbled through a mouthful of mint green crumbs. "I'll try to save you some."

I smiled, taking a beautiful teal cookie from the box that I chose randomly. Yup, it was a very much random choice. "Cheers?" I asked, holding up my cookie to Biana.

Biana smiled back, taking a light blue cookie with silver sparkles from the box and bumping it against mine. "Cheers."