15

The next day I went to school because I knew if I didn't mom would have a heart attack

The next day I went to school because I knew if I didn't mom would have a heart attack. I still went even though I woke up feeling a bit worse than yesterday.

Now not only was my throat sore but I had a bad headache. Dad told me to stay home but mom was right, I should just brush it off and go to school.

"No offense, but you sound and look terrible." Mateo gives me a look as we sat down on a table during lunch.

I rub my hands over my face and groan.
"I feel it too." I said, slouching on the chair.

"Yikes. You should go to the doctor." Lola says when she comes to the table, setting down her food tray.

"I don't even have an appetite to eat anything! That's how you know something's wrong." I said resting my face on my fist.

" How was yesterday? Sorry I couldn't come anymore, had tons of homework" Lola kisses Mateo on the cheek as she sits down.

"It's fine, I was mostly in bed the whole day." Which wasn't exactly a lie, I was in bed, with Heath.

Not like that, I literally was in my bed with him next to me. Nothing dirty...
I think back to yesterday when I gave him somewhat of a makeup tour and taught him the basics to makeup. I even managed to put on some mascara on him but he wiped it off right after.

Still, it was pretty fun.

"Oh my god, Thalia! You've heard of the end of the year party for the seniors, right?" Lola asks and I nod.

"Are you planning on going? It's next weekend". She says, eating some of her food.

"I'll go if you guys go. I don't want to be a loner if I go alone." The pain in my headache was coming in harder.

I couldn't manage to stay home another day, my grades were okay but I wanted to do better. I only just started trying for better grades this year, I wanted to make my mom proud because I know how much education means to her.

Plus with college coming up, I can't risk having bad grades. I don't think I even want to go to college but mom says that I have to go, kinda hypocritical since she dropped out herself.

"We're definitely going, it's gonna be at someone's house by the beach, so bring a swimsuit. We could ride there together if you want." She offers and Mateo reaches for some of the fries on her tray.

"Sure, I gotta check if I'm free though." I said even though I obviously was.

"Right. Let me know if you have time for us in your busy schedule." Lola smirks, probably knowing that I was making that up.

When school was finally over I went straight home and right to bed. I jumped face first into my bed and tried to sleep but my headache didn't let me.

I pull out my phone and check my messages, I hadn't used my phone all day which is why I just now noticed a message from Heath.