03. {happy halloween}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"i just think the outfit is bland." jamie told billy as she exited his car.

jamie desperately wanted to go to tina's halloween bash but mimi had taken the car to work and she hardly had a license. since she knew no other person who could drive, jamie was forced to ask billy.

the boy agreed with one condition - he picked her costume. so while the hargrove boy was happily dressed as the terminator, jamie was stuck with sarah connor and her combat outfit.

"you wanted a ride, i gave it to you." billy reminded her. "let's not make this a frequent thing." in reality, billy couldn't stand the girl for some reason. he only gave her and her sister rides because his step-mother asked him to and he only hung around with her for others' attention.

jamie scowled at him, she unconsciously began to dig her long nails into her palm to suppress her irritation. thankfully, she noticed before she had penetrated any skin. the girl took a deep breath and pursued billy into the large house.

tina had undoubtedly gone all out. the exterior and interior were completely decorated to fit the spooky theme and there were drinks everywhere. bright red solo cups all over the floor and deafening music blaring from the speakers.

billy headed straight to the back of the house, where the keg of beer was. he left jamie wandering around by herself yet she was glad he was gone. the adams girl seized an empty solo cup from the table, inspected if it was clean, and poured some vodka in it.

"straight vodka?" a voice asked her.

"you got anything better?" jamie asked him.

the boy nodded and hauled her over to the kitchen. there was a large bowl of dark-coloured liquid in it which slightly put the girl off. she eyed as the boy used a ladle to pour a fair amount into her cup.

"what is it?" the girl hollered over the music. although jamie wasn't the brightest, she knew better than to take a random drink from a stranger.

"pure fuel!" he exclaimed.

jamie raised her eyebrows, still sceptical. the boy sighed and drank out of the cup, indicating it was safe. jamie nodded and took it from his hands.

"thank you."

"cheers!"

jamie threw her head back and instantly consumed the drink. once the cup had emptied, she began to wheeze out because the liquid scorched her throat. surprisingly, there was a large smile on her face.