🏮70. Lesson

Amber's violet eyes were as cold as ice while holding the long needle to Duke Dreyfus's temple. She carefully focused while turning her needle just the right way to sever the nerve she'd been looking for.

[Don't kill him!] Yelled Arabella in her mind.

Amber stilled her hand movements. If she hadn't trained herself to hold still while being startled during an operation, he would likely be a dead man. Anger bubbled up in her mind.

If you keep on yelling, I may accidentally end up killing him or permanently maim him. As it is, I'm just trying to teach him a well deserved lesson. I'm not really sure what happens when you kill a male lead and I'm not certain that I'm ready to find out yet.

Amber could feel Arabella's confusion regarding the comment about 'Male Lead', but Amber wouldn't go into that just at the moment.

Later. We'll discuss it later. It's extremely important, but it's not something that I can explain fully at this time.

Amber could sense Arabella crossing her arms in front of herself in annoyance, but she didn't push any further on that subject.

Amber pulled out her needle and walked around the front of the duke. His eyes followed her while she walked around to face him. Moving his eyes was the only thing that he was currently able to do. His face was stuck in and expressionless pose, like a mannequin, but his eyes radiated fear.

She looked down at the duke's freaky collection of things. They looked mostly like objects of torture to her untrained eyes.

"That needle I put into your head was covered in paralyzing poison. The poison I used on you will wear off in about five hours and you'll be free. Unfortunately for you, it's also keeping your face up. You see, I severed a certain nerve at your temple. Once your face relaxes, that side of your face will droop like it's been melted. The effects will last for about six months while it heals. You should take the opportunity to learn from your mistakes during that time."

[Have I told you that you're evil today?]

Yes dear, but I never grow tired of hearing it.

[Tch!] Amber could feel Arabella rolling her eyes, as strange as that was. She could actually feel it. Thinking about all of the incidents where Arabella had intervened made her want to shake her head. Obviously, she knew that something was wrong, but it never occurred to her that the previous body's owner had actually been stubborn enough to stay in their body.

This was the strange life she was living now, but at least she wasn't bored or alone anymore. Although, perhaps Arabella was a bit too close. It's even a bit more extreme then someone you don't know coming up and randomly sitting on your lap.

Amber perused his collection of strange items.

"I don't really have a lot of time, since I'm a busy woman, but I can't neglect you entirely. It would be rude to just take off after all of the trouble you went through to set out such a spread."

Amber looked over the items that the duke had set out. As a woman from modern Earth, she could recognize some of the items. Although she'd had her head in a book for the majority of her life and had died a virgin, she wasn't deaf and blind. She had spent a great deal of her time near campus around other college students.

Looking over the items, she smiled. Picking up a silk black gag, she used it to pick up a plug that resembled a beauty blender. She had a pretty good idea of where it had been, so she certainly didn't want to touch the nasty thing with her hands. She delicately pinched one end of it with the cloth and held it up towards the duke.

"Well what do we have here? What were you planning to do with this?" Amber said while holding the item up.

"I'm not really sure what any of these items are. So let's just guess, since you're currently unable to talk. It probably goes here, right?" Amber said while holding the object to Duke Dreyfus's lips.

His eyes shone with horror, but he was unable to say even a single word of denial. Amber slowly pushed the dirty object past the duke's lips; roughly damaging his frozen jaw in the process.

"That thing kind of smelled, someone should really take better care of his toys. Although, I guess it's clean now. I'll take that look in your eyes as gratitude for assisting you with cleaning."

Amber tossed away the cloth gag and next picked up the whip. "I'm surprised that you like this kind of thing." She touched one of the spikes and it was razor sharp. This item was no toy, he should feel ashamed of himself. Seriously, what kind of freaky male lead was this? Amber took hold of the handle and smirked at the Duke.

"Don't accuse me of being unhelpful," she said while walking around the back of the duke, carrying the whip.

The duke managed to make a quiet gurgling noise, just as Amber brought the handle of the whip back, and swung it at his back. The whip cracked on his back, while the spikes stabbed, and ripped his flesh. Repeatedly she cracked the whip at his back and repeatedly it ripped his back open. Until his back was nothing more than a morbid combination of shredded flesh and goop.

Amber walked back around to the front of the duke with a smile on her face. "That item was extremely enjoyable and effective, I see why you like it. I'll just keep it as a reward for all of my hard work and efforts."

Amber felt around the duke's person for a moment and found her space bag. She pulled at her ring, but it was stuck on his finger. She turned around to the table and found a tiny knife made out of solid yellow gold. It looked almost entirely like a scalpel from her previous life.

She picked it up and touched it to the base of the duke's finger. Immediately the item glowed yellow. Amber's heart thumped in excitement at having found a light magic tool that happened to be basically a scalpel. Instantly blood dripped from the blade, and it cut through his flesh and bone like she was carving out a chunk of butter. She promised herself there and then that she would make it a personal mission to collect more magical items for herself.

"Goodness, this is quite sharp. It makes me wonder what you had initially intended it for. You will forgive me though? How was I to know that this knife was so sharp? Accidents are bound to happen if you have such a dangerous item mixed in with the rest of your toys. I'll just have to take this, along with your whip."

She lifted up the Duke's severed pinky finger and showed it to him. His face was pale and his eyes rolled back in his head. She pulled her ring off of his finger. Then she pressed his severed finger against the side of the magic restraint band on her wrist. The band immediately released and fell to the floor.

Then she threw his finger across the room. No one bothered about the noise and no one tried to check on him. He had obviously done this sort of thing with women many times over. This would be his downfall. She would be long gone before he ever came out of his paralysis and no one would think to check on him in the meantime. Blood steadily poured from his wound, while Amber once again turned towards the table of goodies.

Amongst the items, Amber's eyes zeroed in on a magical branding tool, with the Duke's coat of arms on it. This SOB had intended to brand her! What was with the men in this world trying to brand her?!

Amber picked up the item that to the naked eye, looked like a wax stamper. As soon as her hand wrapped around its handle, the bottom of the brand glowed bright red from fire magic.

"We can't have you bleeding to death before help arrives, now can we?" Amber said while she lowered the brander to the wound where his pinky used to be and pressed it hard into his flesh. There was immediately a sizzling noise and the room smelt like burnt flesh.

Amber could hear some light movement on the other side of the door, so she made a pained moaning noise. Instantly she heard the guard outside the door rushing away from his post.

Yes, the duke had definitely done this sort of thing to women many times over. Amber threw the brand into her space bag along with some of his other items.

She continued using some of the more vicious items on the Duke until she had spent roughly an hour, but all good things must come to an end. Once she had thrown a great deal of goodies into her space bag, she cracked open the door, and peeked out into the empty hallway.