。forty five 。

♡

the three girls were led back through the asylum, hatch angrily walking ahead of them as two security guards strolled behind them. nancy was desperately trying to get hatch to understand what was happening with max but he wasn't listening to them.

"you're not listening. our friend is in danger." nancy said as they went into the music room.

"do you really expect me to believe anything you have to say?" hatch fumed.

"it's the truth." nancy shot back.

"you are free to tell your sob story to the police." hatch replied.

robin looked down to the record player which was still playing classical music. she gently tugged adella's hand and nodded to the record player making the cuban woman's eyes widen, understanding where she was coming from with her small gesture.

"move along." the search ruth guard grabbed robin.

"don't touch me!" robin snapped as adella slapped the guard's hand off of her. they left the asylum building and robin and adella caught up with nancy. "victor said the night of the attack, everything went on in the house, but he made specific mention of music. he said music was playing. and then, when we asked him about the angel, he starts to hum."

adella hummed the song victor was humming and nancy looked at her, "dream a little dream of me."

"ella fitzgerald." robin nodded.

"the voice of an angel." nancy said.

"yeah. hatch said that music can reach parts of the brain that words can't. so maybe that's a, um, lifeline. like, when will was in the upside down, he kept singing should i stay or should i go. his favourite song." adella explained. "it also has a deeper meaning to him."

"it was a lifeline back to reality." nancy said.

"it's worth a shot." robin mused.

nancy looked over her shoulder, "i think we can beat him."

"what?" robin asked.

"to the car." nancy said, meaning run before they could be caught.

"okay. i'm warning you right now, i have terrible coordination. like, it took me six months longer to walk than all the other babies." robin said.

"just follow my lead." nancy ordered before running.

"no-oh my god!" robin yelled as adella took her hand and ran with her.

"hey! get the hell back here!"

robin's shoes flicked off and a patient yelled, "cinderella, you dropped your shoe!"

"stop right there!"

they hopped down a wall and ran for the exit as a patient cackled behind them. robin exclaimed as they ran to the car, hurriedly getting inside. a guard started knocking on the window but nancy drove of quickly, robin and adella yelling for her to go.

"holy shit! holy shit, holy shit!" robin cried out.

"you really are a weird runner." nancy said.

"do you have two left feet?" adella asked but her question that she may have gotten answered was cut off.

"robin, ella! where the hell are you!?" dustin yelled through the walkie-talkie. "this is a code red! a code red!"

adella grabbed the walkie-talkie and pulled up the antenna, "it's adella, we copy."

"holy shit, finally! please, please, please, tell me you guys have this figured out!" dustin called.

"play her favourite song or at least one that means something to her!" adella called back. "she takes her walkman everywhere!"

"okay!" dustin agreed and ended the conversation, obviously rushing to save max.

{566}

running up that hill is just *chefs kiss* and perfect for that scene, although i'm more of a babooshka kinda gal it's great