Chapter 31

Atë stands in front of the bleak and off-putting sight of the rundown sanatorium in front of her where she tracked down both Rebekah and Klaus Mikaelson

Atë stands in front of the bleak and off-putting sight of the rundown sanatorium in front of her where she tracked down both Rebekah and Klaus Mikaelson. Peering down at the trash littering the ground, she kicks a glass bottle out of the way as she walks towards the entrance that she has walked through once before.

She senses a third person in the building, radiating magic. The goddess wanders, steps light as a feather, as she heads towards a room with the door cracked open. Through the crack, Niklaus Mikaelson lays tied up with a beautiful redhead tending to his wounds.

Klaus looks up at Genevieve showing him an ounce of kindness, something he is quite paranoid about due to her being a witch brought back to life by Celeste and has issues with his family to begin with. She strokes his cheek, "You never did anything to me. And the truth is, seeing you like this, I can't help but pity you."

Despite the witch seemingly tending to the hybrid, Atë can see right through her. Maybe the witch is still fond of him from a century ago, but it's clear she is filled with both desperation and hate.

Just from being in New Orleans for a day, Atë has heard a lot of talk about the hybrid she sees laying in pain before her. Despite Elijah calling upon her to help retrieved both siblings, it's clear that Klaus is no stranger to destruction and darkness. He speaks up to the witch, "Then betray the others and stand with me. I will reward you in ways you cannot possibly fathom."

Genevieve chuckles at this and claims to be flattered that Klaus would offer her a deal, but she shifts the conversation to his sister. Based off his reaction to Rebekah's name, the goddess senses a lot of tension and nuances to the Mikaelson family relations. After some more words are exchanged, the witch says, "Ah, the protective brother. A shame that loyalty isn't reciprocated. But then, I'm not stranger to Rebekah's treachery. Something you and I have in common."

She urges the hybrid to drink a bowl full of blood and herbs and due to his weakened state, he ends up gulping it down. The goddess immediately comprehends the linking of minds which is happening. Even though she should take action immediately against Elijah's enemy, she can't help but prolong it do spectate the troublesome exchange between siblings soon to come. "That's how I'm going to have my revenge. By showing you her betrayal."

Atë senses the witch to be quite unhinged, but admires how she takes revenge into her own hands by crafting this plan. As the witch begins taking the two siblings down memory lane, the brunette makes her way to the other side of the sanatorium. She stands in the hallway waiting until the blonde Original runs around a corner, straight into Atë.

Rebekah begins to hallucinate once again but this time she sees Atë's memory and not Genevieves. The blonde recognizes the goddess in front of her and panics, "I know I called for you to help me subdue my brother and make him feel an ounce of pain, but I take it all back."

Despite Rebekah thinking she's back in time to avoid making a monumental mistake, Atë speaks in the present moment, reciting the same words she once said the the girl, "It's funny how you called me as a way to still get what you want without having Klaus killed, like you initially intended with having that witch call upon your father. But in reality, what I'd have in store would be much worse than death."