Chapter Thirty-Two - The Truth pt. 2

*LEILA*

Callie and Mateo had been coming to Lorenzo's home frequently. I didn't think of it at first, but when I started thinking about it, I started to get suspicious. I felt that they were hiding something from me that they didn't want me to know yet.

I was sitting in our room with Cindy on my lap, purring like a queen. Ever since my bump became visible, Cindy started clinging to me. She kept walking around me and sitting on my lap for a long time.

Rio walked in and sat beside us. He pecked my lips first and then kissed Cindy's head, in which she hissed at him. She became so violent with him when he touches her, especially when she was with me.

"You made her hate me," he playfully accused.

"What can I say? I am a lovable person," I replied with a smirk.

He smirked too and got closer to me and said, "Well, I can't argue with that."

I giggled...like a fifteen-year-old teenager.

"How's baby?" he asked after a while, looking down at my bump.

"She's good, a little restless."

"Fuck, I can't wait to have her in my arms."

I smiled at what he said. Demetrio was so loving and sweet and treated Mia as if she was his own even before she is born. He was the man that I wanted to spend my life with, the man who I want to have more kids with.

"Me too," I replied, looking down at her.

"Can I ask you a question?" he suddenly asked and I nodded.

He got nervous and started fiddling with his fingers. He seemed so nervous that I took his hand in mine and said, "Relax, you can ask me anything, tell me."

"Can I...can I be her father?"

I looked dumbfounded at him. I remember him telling me that he wanted to take care of her with me, but I never thought that he wanted to be her father willingly.

When I didn't say anything because of my shock, his face fell and regret of asking the question washed over his face.

"Leila, I am-" I cut him off by smashing my lips on his, taking him off guard.

It ended so fast because I had so many things to say.

"I love you, Rio. I love you so much. It makes my entire world that you want to be Mia's father. You are the kindest soul I have ever seen. Mia would be so lucky to have you as a father, Rio. I would be so lucky to have you by my side, raising her, together," I said and then hugged him.

I hugged him as if my life depended on him as I needed him so badly.

"I love you, mi amor. So much. I would be the lucky one," he replied after we broke the hug.

"Rio, I want to tell you something," I said.

"Tell me, my love."

I smiled at the nickname. "Remember when you asked me if I wanted more kids and I told you that I wasn't sure but maybe I would want?"

"Yes," he replied with excitement.

"I am so sure right now. I want more kids, Demetrio, but only if they are from you. Only you."

* * *

It was 10 PM when we were called to Lorenzo's office. I had a feeling that it had something to do with Giovanni and I was right.

It became a daily occurrence that whenever Lorenzo called us to his office, something Giovanni-related would have happened.

"Daniel has been working for a month trying to locate Giovanni. He had been trying to look into patterns and we finally found him," Lorenzo said.