11

We sat around for a little while before there was a knock on the door.

"Don't move." Colby said and stood up, going to answer the door. "Thanks, Alex." He said then took a bag from him.

"For you." He said and handed me the bag that was labeled Panda Express.

"I love Chinese food." I said with a small smile. "Noted. No more Chinese." Colby said causing me to roll my eyes.

"You're an asshole." I said as he sat down. "Tone, Julia." He warned and looked up at me through his lashes.

"Sorry." I said then opened the bag. "I'm just teasing you. It's cute when you get all flustered." He mumbled and stared at the drugs in front of him, focusing.

"Are you flirting with me?" I asked as he shrugged. "Don't flatter yourself." He said and kept his eyes down.

I chuckled and took a bite of my food, pulling my knees to my chest.

As I ate I carefully watched him meticulously weight out the cocaine, bagging it into little bags.

I wanted to ask him a million questions but I knew I had gotten all the information I could get for the day.

It wouldn't be wise to poke the bear since he was in an okay mood.

I don't know how long I watched him work before he looked up at me with tired eyes.

"Ready to go home?" He asked as I nodded. "Let me run this to Jason. Don't move or touch anything." He said as I nodded.

"Yes, sir." I said as he shook his head. "I'm serious, Julia. Not a single thing." He said as I held my hands up.

"Promise." I said as he nodded sharply and left the room.

I sighed and looked around the room. It was bare, looking like a normal office.

I thought it was funny that the leader of a gang had an office that looked like it could belong to a bank teller.

I noticed the powdery substance on the desk and part of me wanted to try it. I knew if I touched it or consumed it Colby would be pissed.

I didn't want to piss him off, that's when things got dangerous.

"Alright, come on." Colby said as he opened the door. "Are you gonna clean that up?" I asked and pointed to the powdery desk.

"No, I'll do it when I come back tomorrow." He said as I stood up.

"Did you have fun getting out of the house?" Colby asked as I chuckled. "Next time, tell me to bring a book. I was so bored I wanted to do the drugs you were bagging." I said as he looked over.

"You don't do drugs." He said as I shrugged. "I also don't typically get into strangers cars and let them take me to a different state." I said as he shrugged.

"You're too pretty to do coke." He said then pushed the button for the elevator. "Do you do it?" I asked as he looked at me from the corner of his eye.

"Occasionally." He said then unlocked his car. "Ugly ass." I said with a laugh, expecting him to get mad.

"Shut up." He grumbled then got in the car. I giggled and got in the front seat looking over at him.

"Sorry, master. I didn't mean to piss you off." I teased as he pursed his lips.

"You're getting too comfortable." He said as I shrugged. "What can I say? I know how to make myself at home." I said as he pulled out of the garage and closed it behind him.

"I'm not a nice person, Julia. Just because I'm being nice doesn't mean that I've gone soft. Don't get too comfortable or we'll have some problems." He warned as I nodded.