Chapter 6

"Confusion is a word we have invented for an order which is not understood." Henry Miller

(unedited)

Tiana's P.O.V (Thursday)

Red everywhere. My face stings. I hear laughing echo in my ears.

Dodgeball: a game most likely made by lucifer himself.

I will admit that I am slightly skinnier than before, even though I look in the mirror and only see a fat, ugly girl. Even with this, not one ounce of me is physically athletic. My brothers being wolves doesn't matter because our parents don't allow us to play rough so they don't accidently hurt me. So I'm stuck with this muscleless body.

I decide to give up trying to throw a ball at them and am just hiding now, but the farther we get into the game, the less amount of people I can hide behind. Of course, my team has no self defense skills and is all human. Within about 5 minutes, almost everyone is eliminated and the other team still has all of their players.

It's just some other dude and I. My eyes take the scene currently happening almost slows everything down. A red ball of fury is thrown and knocks out my last chance of survival in the head, which is illegal. I'm about to shout out with happiness, when I notice the P.E. leader wasn't even looking. I'm alone. Ryder and his army vs. me. In other words, I'm dead meat.

What could have happened is one person-most likely Ryder-could have picked up a ball and got me out. I really wish this happened.

Instead, every member from the team picked up the red sphere of fire and chucked, in unison, them at me as hard as humanly possible(literally).

My shield isn't very effective; it being my body which is what I'm trying to protect in the first place. Surprisingly, my face seemingly comes out of the battle unharmed at first. Then I see Ryder with the last ball in his hands, casually throwing it into the air and back into his palm.

His face morphs into a sneer/smirk combination that he always wears whenever he's preparing to inflict pain on me. And to think, he used to protect me from people like him.

Lost in thoughts, I don't notice him raising his arm back. I feel a hard impact and hear a loud slap. I don't even flinch. I'm used to this kind of pain anyway, and it's nothing compared to the blows he's given me before.

Everyone is surprised by my reaction, or more like the lack there of, but I just walk off when I hear the bell chime. Finally, I can leave this hell.

~~~

I'm about to make my way to World History when I see Agur talking to Matchitehew. I'm about to keep walking, but I notice them looking from each other to me. Was Agur talking about when I lost my virginity to him? Does he know I lost my virginity to him?

With all these questions swirling through my mind, I don't realize Matchitehew was snapping his fingers in front of my face.

"Tiaaannaa. Earth to Tiana," Matchitehew says, waving his hands in front of me.

"Oh. Hey, sorry." I blush from embarrassment. He gives me a toothy grin and nods his head to say it's fine. Matchitehew shoves a hand in his denim blue jeans and rubs his neck with the other. He's nervous.

"So...um." I hear him swallow heavily and watch as his adams apple bobs up and down. "Do you um maybe...if it's not inconvenient for you um to..." He takes a deep breath. "Gooutwithmetonight?"

I'm surprised by this to say the least. I've never had a boyfriend, let alone get asked out before.

"I'm flattered..." I started. My immediate reaction is to politely turn him down. I don't know him very well; I only see him in the halls. From what I hear and what I can see in front of me, he is a player and will only hurt me. Though, it is odd that he's nervous while asking me out.