Chapter 20

"Come on, Jacky, just a little bite..."

        Vomit threatened to creep up the back of his throat as a spoon was shoved into his mouth, its contents feeling like sludge as it coated his tongue. He tried to spit it out, shaking his head violently, but a strong hand suddenly grabbed his chin and tilted his head back. The sludge-like substance tickled the top of his throat, threatening to drown or choke him, and after a few seconds he reflexively swallowed before he couldn't breathe. Instantly a chill raced down his spine as his head lurched forward and he spewed the food right back out, bile trailing down his chin as he coughed.

        A deep chuckle sounded next to him as he coughed, and he weakly raised his head to glare at the insane man holding him hostage."Well, that's rather rude," he commented, sneering at the captive killer. "Throwing up the ice cream I went out of my way to make from scratch, just for you?" He tutted his tongue and shook his head. "Really, so impolite, Jack." Jack glared at him, sputtering one last time before baring his teeth.

        "I told you," he growled in a low tone, "I can't eat human food... I can only eat organs..."

        "But have you ever really tried?" the man retorted with a grin. "Organs aren't easy to come by, you know."

        "Then let me go and I can hunt on my own!" Jack snapped, lurching forward, but the chains enclosing his wrists pulled taut and jerked him back, keeping him from moving more than a couple feet. The man just chuckled, crouching in front of Jack just out of his reach.

        "Temper, temper," he said, brushing a strand of hair out of Jack's hollow eyes. Immediately he snapped his head and tried to bite him, but the man quickly pulled his hand out of his mouth's reach. "Well now, if you're going to be like that then I just might not bother getting you kidneys until next week..." This threat made Jack tense and he slowly lowered himself, glowering at the man silently. His stomach hurt from hunger, it had been too long since his last proper meal.

        "...I'm sorry," he muttered reluctantly, biting his lip and looking away. The man patted his head and he winced, but he didn't try to attack.

        "Very good," the man said, smiling warmly. "Now, open wide~" Alarmed, Jack turned his head and opened his mouth to protest only to have another spoon shoved into his mouth. His stomach lurched as a different but equally detestable substance spread over his tongue, and already he wanted to vomit. He needed food, real food.

        Jack groaned as his eyes opened, sitting up and lifting his mask so he could rub his eyes. He'd fallen asleep on the couch while watching a cooking show, obviously the source of the nightmare. His stomach growled a bit as he thought about the dream and he shuffled to the fridge, selecting a jar containing the camper's liver. He didn't bother sitting down, he just unscrewed the lid and reached into the preserving fluid to withdraw it. Sniffing it absentmindedly to check its freshness, he raised his mask and began nibbling on it.

        At that point he suddenly heard a clank. Surprised, he turned his head with the liver hanging from his mouth to see [Name] sitting at the table with a bowl of cereal, staring at him with wide [e/c] eyes.