Chapter 21

Chains: Part 21 (Eyeless Jack x Reader)

by ValentinesDayGreen, May 20, 2014, 6:51:18 AMLiterature / Fan Fiction / Romance

{Jack's POV}

        Fear.

        Panic.

        Terror.

        Despair.

        Hopelessness.

        Every awful emotion from his captivity flooded Jack as he sat hunched high in the tree, face buried in his arms as he hugged his knees. His mind was blank yet racing at the same time. A shudder ran down his spine as he recalled the last movie he watched with [Name], the one about the monster and the girl it held prisoner. That scene in the dungeon had brought back so many memories, all bad.

        Inhaling sharply, Jack hugged his knees more tightly and squeezed his eyes shut. It was over, he didn't have to worry about it anymore. Buddy was dead. Dead, dead, dead. There was no way that man was still alive, Jack knew because he'd cleaned the corpse of every internal organ. Yet still he worried, still he panicked. Still those memories haunted him whenever he closed his eyes, making it hard to sleep for more than a few hours at a time. Don't think about it, he told himself, gritting his teeth. Stop thinking about it.

        And yet, he couldn't.

        All he could see whenever he closed his eyes was that cruel smile, full of sadistic glee...

{Reader's POV}

        I don't know why I logged onto Buddy's account again. After all, last time had ended with me vomiting, but today I felt like I had to. I'd given Jack another panic attack, and I felt like the first step for me to help was to know exactly what happened to him. Of course, I still had no idea why I wanted to help him so much, though. I had nothing to do with what Buddy did to him, and the guy's tried to kill me multiple times. But that didn't stop me before.

        I picked up at the first photo after Jack was fed the kidney. Blood covered his mouth and strings of flesh clung to his teeth, visible as he bore his teeth at the camera in a scowl. A few photos later his mask was finally placed back on his face for the first time since the whole ordeal began. His shoulders were visibly slumped at that point, whether that was from exhaustion or relief wasn't clear. After the whole feeding ordeal, Buddy gave him a "break" for the rest of the week, and there were barely any photos.

        Skip to the middle of week three. There was a rapid-fire set of Buddy injecting Jack with some mysterious liquid. Due to his restraints Jack couldn't avoid the needle and quickly fell unconscious, and the next shot showed him awake with a piece of tape over his mouth. Safe from being bitten, Buddy began taking close-ups of Jack's eyes, or lack of them. There had to be dozens of those photos, Jack squinting as Buddy shined a flashlight into his sockets to showcase their emptiness. In one Buddy actually stuck his fingers into one to lift the eyelids, while the other eye was squeezed shut and his expression was visibly scrunched with pain.