Chapter 25

{Reader's POV}

        Currently, I am waiting for my death.

        After locking Jack in my room in the heat of the moment, I realized the full weight of my split-second impulse. I probably wouldn't live long once he got out, given his angry yelling and pounding on the door, though hopefully it would be a while before he escaped. As such, I decided to use my remaining time wisely and watch the video on Buddy's account. Maybe it wasn't the best way to spend my last moments, but I just had to know...

        Bringing up the folder, I scrolled down the list slowly, looking for the thumbnail with the play icon on it. I could faintly hear Jack's yelling, muffled by the door and my headphones, and once I found the video and pressed "play" it was drowned out completely. A glance at the time bar revealed the video was about ten minutes long, so I settled in to watch it. It started with Buddy standing in front of the camera, setting it up.

        "Is it on?" His voice rang through my ears and I unexpectedly choked back a sob, my eyes wide. Buddy's voice... It had been so long since I'd last heard it, I'd almost forgotten what it sounded like. Heavy emotions swirled inside me as he continued speaking, tears rising in my eyes as I was filled with nostalgia and sadness. He turned the camera around as he examined the screen, giving a glimpse of the room, before turning it back to flash it a smile. "Okay, it's on... So I'm going to show something special."

        The camera moved to show Jack, chained to the wall with his head bowed, bangs hanging in his face. He was still wearing the headphones, making me quickly realize all his senses were still blocked. "This is Eyeless Jack, but I call him Jacky. He's my adorable little pet. A few days ago, he bit me while I was feeding him, so I punished him... I've given him a bit of water, of course, but I held back food. But today, I got something special." He set the camera on a tripod aimed at Jack and walked over to him, patting his shoulder.

        Immediately Jack gave a jolt at the comment and recoiled, trying to pull away. I could hear his soft grunts, quickly covered by Buddy's chuckling. Ruffling Jack's hair, he rose and walked off-screen, soon reappearing holding something. My stomach lurched as I realized it was a kidney, and he flashed the camera a smirk as he held it up. "See this? This is a kidney, Jack's favorite. Since he hasn't eaten in a while, I figured I'd be nice and give him something special. It's fresh, too. Now, I've been blocking his smell the past few days using this cream I found online, but today I'll stop it..."

        Reaching into his pocket with his free hand, he pulled out a cloth and dabbed at Jack's face under his nose. It made him jolt and he yanked at the chains as he tried to get away, the links rattling and clanking loudly. Even with it, I could hear him whimpering and grunting. My heart sank at the scene, able to see just how terrified and desperate Jack was. Buddy, meanwhile, just smirked, his smile sweet yet cold, making a shudder go down my spine. "There we go, Jacky... That's right, it's okay... Though I don't suppose you can really hear me."

        Pocketing the cloth, he then held the kidney under Jack's nose. His struggling ceased, his body tensing, and he slowly leaned forward, sniffing it. Moaning softly, his body went almost completely limp, and his head moved forward as he tried to bite it, only for the duct tape covering his mouth to brush against the kidney. Buddy chuckled and patted his head, making him tense. He reached over and removed the headphones, setting them on the ground. Jack's body tensed even more, until Buddy waved the kidney under his nose. At that point his head lurched forward once more, but again it was blocked by the tape.