Chapter 010

Chapter 10

Chen Jianhong’s voice didn’t fluctuate at all, like it was a very ordinary thing for him to come home.

He nodded and it was like meeting face-to-face.

Zhang Yazhi said, “Xiao Zhao is back from a busy day?”

Then she pulled her husband to her and praised it, “Did you know that Xiao Zhao has recently been investing in business? The reason he came back so late today is because he went to talk to someone about the project and signed a contract. I told you before that you don’t need to worry about the children. They are all clever and have their own ideas.”

Chen Jianhong’s expression didn’t change much, but during the conversation with Zhang Yazhi, his eyes stayed on Chen Qizhao. “Is that so?”

Zhang Yazhi wondered, “Can’t you praise your child who is being sensible?”

Chen Jianhong still maintained the same attitude. “There needs to be real achievements. Investing can be done with money. Doing it well or not is the real thing.”

Chen Qizhao hadn’t seen Chen Jianhong after his rebirth. Now that he saw Chen Jianhong again, he felt that his father should be like this. At this point in time, they hadn’t seen each other for a few days. However, in Chen Qizhao’s memory, it had been more than 10 years. It was so long that he almost couldn’t remember Chen Jianhong’s appearance.

Zhang Yazhi was a loving mother while Chen Jianhong was a textbook strict father.

Ever since he was a child, Chen Qizhao had been stern, unsmiling, strict and harsh. His education method was exactly the same as Chen Shiming’s. This type of harsh method of expressing himself was a time bomb for the teenage Chen Qizhao. He didn’t get along with his older brother or have a good relationship with his father. He even sometimes deliberately provoked a fight with Chen Jianhong in a vain attempt to see other emotions on his stern face.

Yet no matter how noisy it was, in his eyes, Chen Jianhong was always the mountain of the family. Then one day, the mountain collapsed.

Chen Qizhao still remembered the day when Chen Jianhong was admitted to hospital. He stood in the corridor outside the emergency room while his mother and older brother talked and with the doctor. he could only stand there stupidly and he even thought that the emergency room was nothing. It would be fine to save him.

However, how could there be such satisfaction? It didn’t take long for Chen Jianhong to leave.

It wasn’t quiet in the living room. Zhang Yazhi was discussing tonight’s dishes with the housekeeper. Chen Shiming sat on the sofa casually and discussed work with Chen Jianhong. He still had that blunt tone… if it wasn’t compared with other people’s families, this was probably the so-called happiness and harmony of their family.

Zhang Yazhi had just finished explaining things to the housekeeper. and looked back, only to find that Chen Qizhao didn’t go upstairs as directly as before. He chose to sit down in a corner of the sofa in the living room, as if he was far away.

The boy sat there quietly and didn’t play with his phone. He also didn’t interfere in the conversation between Chen Jianhong and Chen Shiming.

He didn’t seem to be ‘acting strong while inwardly feeling weak’ as much as before. He was quiet and sensible. Zhang Yazhi felt relieved while at the same time, she felt more of a sense of distance. She was inexplicably surprised by her own feelings. It was obviously a good thing for her child to be sensible. Why did she think he was further away?

Yet this feeling increased even more when they were eating.

Chen Qizhao declared, “I’m full.”

Zhang Yazhi hurriedly told him, “Don’t forget to take your medicine. Did you forget to change your medicine at noon?”