Chapter 018

Chapter 18

Shen Yuhuai said casually when he heard the words, “Do you have time? The homework is due in the afternoon.”

“I have time.” Chen Qizhao exited the group chat. “I’m finished.”

People were coming and going from the cafeteria. Chen Qizhao was interrupted when ‘doing homework’ and put his phone away with a guilty conscience. He suddenly realized that playing with his phone while eating wasn’t good behavior. It was easy to leave a bad impression on people.

The process of eating was quiet. If Chen Qizhao didn’t act then Shen Yuhuai didn’t speak.

It was just that his phone kept buzzing and vibrating, which was a bit annoying. He had to pick up the phone and directly turn on flight mode. He explained simply, “They are discussing their homework very seriously.”

Shen Yuhuai wondered, “Is it difficult to do homework?”

Chen Qizhao was stuck for a moment. “…It shouldn’t be hard?”

The lunch was quite pleasant. Shen Yuhuai returned to the research institute after eating. Chen Qizhao returned to his bedroom to see Yan Kailin’s sad expression.

Yan Kailin asked, “Did you bring me food? Why couldn’t I call you? I thought you hadn’t paid your phone bill and your phone was shut down!”

Chen Qizhao: “……”

“I’ve ordered takeout for you. Here.”

After calming down Yan Kailin, Chen Qizhao returned to his bedroom to open the inbox. Then he downloaded the emails sent by Special Assistant Xu one by one. Then he glimpsed another email, which was the result of something he had privately investigated.

“The C City matter is coming soon.” Chen Qizhao read it and cleaned up all traces of the email while murmuring, “There is almost movement.”

Ruizhen Electronics had been in the limelight for the past two weeks. First of all, several projects were profitable. Since it was related to the Chen Group, things were going more and more smoothly like a fish in water.

The science and technology park were opened up and many things could be done in the name of Chen Qizhao. The escort of insiders meant their projects had basically achieved their previous goals without encountering any obstacles.

After all, Chen Jianhong and Chen Shiming were busy people and there was no time to manage a small company in the science and technology park. It was only a matter of time before the time was right.

Mr. Wang had already discussed the next plan with the internal spy. The moment he entered the call, he received a call from Qin Xingfeng.

“Something went wrong with your project?” Mr. Wang was surprised. “The one in C City?”

Qin Xingfeng’s voice was a bit irritable. “Yes, do you have any way to get some money for me to turn things around? I invested all my funds in the early stage.”

He had been doing the C City project for a few months. He even invested a large amount of money into it. Then the bidding was successful and he completed all formalities. The money that should be given was given. As a result, just as the project was about to be launched, the National Environment Bureau of C City issued a report. It said that it was considering the environmental pollution problem and the development license wasn’t passed. He asked someone to inquire about the situation and found that this force majeure couldn’t be solved at all.

It meant the entire project couldn’t be implemented. All the money he invested in the early stage had been lost.

This was completely different from what he investigated in advance. Such a flaw couldn’t be made up using the company’s accounts at all and it even caused the company to enter a financial crisis.