| lx: all in the name of friendship |

"Meeting you four made me realise the true meaning of friendship

"Meeting you four made me realise the true meaning of friendship. A friendship like this is worth dying for." — Ruhi Parekh, His Inconvenient Bride

" — Ruhi Parekh, His Inconvenient Bride

Jaipur, India

I was lost.

For the past half an hour, I was running in circles. For the umpteenth time, I came back to the same place where I had started.

It had been a while since I got separated from my friends. It was a leopard's growl. If I am not going to find anyone here, I am sure I am going to die alone today. I hate being lost, not as if anyone enjoyed it anyway.

And if I find out that Ruhi is pranking us, she would be a slice of dead meat.

Walking past the trees, I made my way again. It was pitch dark. I was just having a small light from my phone's torch. I was sweating in December and there was no sign of Ruhi or my friends.

I was losing my energy and suddenly all of it didn't feel like a prank anymore. As the time passed, I felt more anxious than frustrated thinking about all the horrific possibilities of this sudden trip to the jungle.

What if a leopard eats me? I don't want to die without turning into an adult.

This forest was the home to leopards. Why did Ruhi leave us such a cryptic message and that too via a chit?

Our home wasn't that far from this forest. I was more worried about what would happen if people came to know about our little adventure tomorrow? We have done a lot of things together but this would definitely get us skinned by our parents.

Or worse, And what would happen if someone came to know that I, an underage turning of age in five months, drove a car?

With all those random thoughts in my head, I suddenly came across a cabin, a freaking cabin in the middle of the jungle. If this was any kind of challenge or a task, it was super creepy.

The cabin looked like any other cabin, but a large one. Mystery thrillers and horrors had made me believe that never to stop at an empty highway or in front of a shady cabin in the middle of the jungle.