32: home is just home

Yo, we got this story to #265 in fan fiction 😱 Comment & vote :) !!!

Jess

Thank goodness I was out of that little tim can of death and awkwardness. Yes, in fact, Harry, Abigail, Nick, Jane, and I were all in the same little confinement for around ten hours.

Paparazzi was a pain in the ass, too. It seemed that the most confusing relationships in Hollywood revolved around the four of us. So that led to a media frenzy.

Nick didn't hold back when it came to annoying the hell out of Harry. It had even gotten to the point where Harry politely asked Nick to lock himself in the bathroom.

Abigail was quiet the entire plane ride. Every so often, she and Harry would talk, but it wasn't much. I sympathized for her. She has nothing to do with this yet she was being dragged into this mess.

"You should put on a coat," I tell Nick right before we get out of the jet. He was wearing gym shorts and a light sweatshirt. Was he trying to get hyperthermia?

He scoffs. "I'm fine. I've dealt with Texas winters and New York winters..." He continues on with how many "winters" he's dealt with, but once the jet door opens and the freezing London air hits him, he yelps.

"Shit!"

Harry and Abigail are laughing behind us and I just shake my head at Nick.

"You're an idiot. You don't have a coat with you, do you?" I say. He shakes his head and crosses his arms tightly over his chest. I make a decision and stand beside him, wrapping an arm around his torso and rubbing my hand up and down his side in a gesture to keep him warm.

He chuckles and wraps an arm around me as well. I try not to think about what Harry would think about this, but that was pretty hard judging on the fact that he was breathing on my neck.

Jane led us down the steps and we all hurried into the airport. Dozens of paparazzi met us, but I put a smile on my face because they weren't nearly as harsh as the ones in LA. I took pictures with fans as I held onto Nick's hand. A few gave me gifts and the smile couldn't be taken off my face.

"Nice to see you here, Jessica and Nick!" One paparazzi spoke as we got into the SUV.

"You as well," I say back before the door closed.

An audible sigh comes from just about everyone in the vehicle as we take off, leaving the bright lights behind us. It was midnight and I was wide awake. I spent most of my time sleeping during the flight, but that probably was the worst thing I could do.

Sneaking a glance at Harry behind me, he was falling asleep. His eyes were almost shut as he fought to stay awake and his head kept dipping downwards before shooting back up. But behind his dropping eyelids, I could see the excitement in his eyes. I was almost just as excited as he was. I hadn't seen the Styles/Twist family in a very long time, and they were a sort of...home away from home.

"Tired, Harry?" I say.

His eyes go wide in surprise and he looks at me. "Huh? No, I'm good. I'm fine."

I smile. "Sleep. There's a couple hour drive, right?"

Out of the corner of his eye, he looks to Abigail who is next to him looking out a window, then back over to me. The look on his face gives me an answer that says that we'd both rather be by each other's side.

Every few minutes as we drove in the darkness and quiet, I'd look back at Harry to see him dozing off, but not letting himself fall asleep. Nick and Abigail crashed already and Jane was frantically typing and scrolling through her phone.