ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sɪx | ɴᴇᴡᴛᴏɴ's ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ʟᴀᴡ

WARNING: THE WORD F@GG0T IS IS USED IN THIS CHAPTER, PER THE SCRIPT OF THE SHOW. USED IN PARAGRAPH 37, LINE 7.

    The gang started walking back from the junkyard, when Julie remembered something that she had promised herself not to forget, which she did. She promised Billy the night before that she would help him get ready for his date.

      When she did remember this, she stopped on the tracks and gasped quietly. Steve turned around to look at her. "What's wrong?" he asked her, stepping towards her slightly.

      Julie shook her head, looking at Steve and Max. "I have to go home. Right now." Julie said, taking off Steve's jacket and handing him her bat.

      "Wait, what?" Max asked.

      "I promised Billy, okay? I have to go. I'll meet you at the Byers later, okay?" Julie said as she started backing away from the group.

      "Why the Byers?" Lucas asked her as she turned and broke into a jog.

      "Home base!" Julie called over her shoulder, running faster so she could make it home.

      When Julie did make it home, she immediately ran to her room and changed her clothes quickly. She knew Billy was still home, as she could hear his music blasting. Julie went to the bathroom and grabbed a washcloth to wipe the blood off of her hands, face and neck. She let her hair down and grabbed a hat to cover the blood in it.

      "Julie?" Billy screamed from his bedroom.

      Julie left the bathroom and walked to Billy's room, poking her head in to see him smoking a cigarette and standing in front of his mirror, buttoning a red shirt. "Hey. Looking snazzy." she said, walking fully into her brother's room and sitting on his bed.

      Billy rolled his eyes. "Where the hell have you been all day?" he asked, not looking at her.

      "Just out." Julie lied. "You've got a date?"

      Billy nodded. "I thought you were gonna flake on helping me." he said, offering Julie a cigarette. She shook her head, not feeling like smoking.

      Julie stood and walked over in front of Billy, inspecting him. "Now, why would I do that?" Julie said, buttoning one of his shirt buttons and taking a piece of his hair in her fingers to make it look neater. She did that a few times until she was satisfied.

      "Whatever." Billy rolled his eyes, shoving her fingers away.

      Julie narrowed her eyes at his gold necklace. "Do you ever take it off?" she asked.

      "Mind your own business." he countered, shoving Julie away from the mirror.

      Julie rolled her eyes and went to sit cross-legged on Billy's bed, listening to his music as Billy finished getting ready. She avoided looking at him, because she wasn't sure if she wanted to know what exactly he was doing to get himself ready.

      A knock on Billy's door made Julie snap her head up. "Billy? Julie?" Susan yelled over the music from outside of Billy's room.

      "Yeah, I'm a little bit busy in here, Susan." Billy answered,

      "Open the door. Right now." Neil yelled, making Julie suck in a breath and close her eyes.

      Billy took another drag of his cigarette before snuffing it out and going to open the door. On the other side was a concerned Susan and an angry Neil. "What's wrong?" Billy asked as Julie stood up and stood at Billy's side.