Chapter 40

The song Melancholy is inspired by After Hours; The Weeknd.

The song Only Mine is inspired by R U Mine?; The Arctic Monkeys and Complicated Freak and Anna; Harry Styles (both unreleased songs)

That night, I'm walking back from dinner and to my room. I barely ate anything because of the nerves, my stomach is in knots.

The doors of the elevators open and I step into the hallway. I immediately head for my room but halt in my pace when I spot Delilah and Ares standing outside of her room.

They're both looking at each other, an intense look in Delilah's eyes while Ares seems annoyed.

Was he inside her room? What were they talking about? Why is there so much tension?

Delilah glances at me, and her features soften a bit, almost with regret.

"Elena," she whispers and Ares turns his head.

But before our eyes can meet, I turn away from them and enter my room, slamming the door shut behind me.

The first thing I do is march to the window and open it.

Then, I chuck my necklace outside.

Closing the window again, I exhale loudly. The thing has been burning my neck ever since Maya appeared.

All my feelings related to that are now choking me.

Instead of moping around, I decide to just get in bed and get enough sleep for tomorrow.

I'm going to need my energy.

The air is tense when Delilah works on my makeup the next day

Aside from the greetings, we haven't said a lot. She asked me what I wanted and I gave her a curt answer.

I'm getting tired of everyone and from getting my feelings hurt.

Delilah and I have settled for a glam look. My wing is sharp and my eye-shadow is gold with some glitter.