ten - when I've burned out both ends

Saying that everyone moves isn't exactly accurate. The lightning makes everyone pause- yourself included- except for Levi, who charges towards the man from District 4 with his sword drawn. It takes you a second to collect yourself, but by the time you do, complete pandemonium has ensued.

Everyone is everywhere, and the chaos of it all nearly makes you panic- but you have to focus, because Levi might need you. You turn towards the District 4 alliance. Charging in is not only Levi but also his district partner- Mikasa, if you remember correctly. She's coming in from the far side and rushing to engage her is the District 4 girl, spear in hand. 

The District 4 man and the other man- District 5, maybe?- are both rushing out to meet Levi. One's wearing a helmet of some sort, and the other looks like he has some sort of body armor on. You fire, striking the District 4 man in the side, but your arrow bounces off. Yep, some kind of body armor.

You fire again, aiming for his head, but the District 5 man steps in front. The arrow hits his helmet and although he reels slightly, there's no damage done. Fuck- you don't know how much help you'll be. 

Wait- you've got an idea. It's stupid, but it could work.

You drop to the ground, your pack slipping from your shoulders, and you dig for your rope. In front of you, Levi is taking on the District 5 man who has a club or something- fuck, he's got some kind of body armor too, because Levi's stab to the chest bounces right off and Levi's arms recoil back. You see him stagger slightly- his ankle. His fucking ankle that he said would be fine. Can he handle two against one, especially if those two have body armor?

You glance across the mountaintop, just for a moment. The District 4 girl has engaged Mikasa, and they're exchanging blows so fast that your eyes can't keep up. Zeke looked like he was trying to go back to the tunnels, but the boy from District 1- Eren, was it?- is going after him.

Who cares about other people? Levi's your priority here.

Frantically, you try to remember your knot tying lessons as you wrap the rope around the end of the arrow, knotting it until you think it's tight enough. You drop the rest of the rope into a heap by your feet, and you notch the arrow.

There's a battle cry from behind you, and you twist just in time to dodge a swinging knife arm. It's the brown-haired girl from earlier, one of the pair. District 9, maybe? The other one is armed with a machete of some sort and somehow locked in the fight with Levi and the two other men, trying to find the right time to jump in.

It's fucking three on one, and Levi's limping. How the hell he's not dead yet, you'll never know.

The implications of the District 9 pair fighting with them settle in. Fuck- the pair have allied themselves with the District 4 people. That's a five-man alliance. How the hell are you supposed to get out of this?

The girl swings again and you lean back, narrowly dodging the blade of the knife. You try to get your arrow up, but she's too close, and when she lunges, the two of you go crashing to the ground.

You drop your bow so that you can push both hands up against her arm, keeping that knife from pushing into your chest. "Five person alliance?" you choke out, pushing up against her arm. "Isn't that overkill?"

She strains against your arms, and eventually, you push her arms sideways instead of up. The knife plummets into the ground right next to your head. You punch her across the jaw, trying to remember what the training instructor taught you- tight fist, thumb on the outside- and the girl cries out as she falls off of you.

You scramble to your feet just as there's a heartbreaking scream. "Ymir!" you hear someone howl. "No!"

There's a cannon. Your eyes instinctively seek out Levi, but he's still locked in his three-on-one duel. Fucking hell, how can he still hold himself for that long? The cry must be from the fight on the other side of the cornucopia- the Career tributes. Ymir- was that the girl from 7? The one who can throw knives?