𝟯𝟲 - 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗳𝗮𝘁𝗲

❦

𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗳𝗮𝘁𝗲
𝗠𝗿 𝗬𝘂𝗮𝗻 (𝗬𝘂𝗿𝗮)

Cold wind filled the air around me, it was heavy and flew quick. The couple of strands from behind my ears escaped from it's position and rushed to my face, reducing my vision on the gravestone in front of me. I gathered my hair and placed them back. I've been sat here for almost an hour. Maybe a little bit more than an hour and I can't seem to get up from the ground and walk back home. Even if I stay quiet and not say a word I would not move. With my hands on my lap I have watched about a good handful of individuals come in and visit their loved ones. And I've also watched them leave, that's how long I've been sitting down for.

It's been years yet I can't get over her death. She's been dead for eighteen long years and here I am sat right next to her, kneeled down to her. Here I am not wanting to leave her alone like I did before. But today wasn't like any other day. Today is her eighteenth death anniversary and I tell myself I need to let go of her. I tell myself it's okay to let go. I tell myself that now is the time to let her go. Now that Nani is long gone it's okay to smile on this day. It's okay to let her rest in peace. It's okay to look forward for this day because it's all about her. This day is about her and no one else.

I haven't been here since I found out I was hired by the king and I remember coming straight down here before leaving to live in the kingdom gathered around royalty and pure violence. And after those long months of being away from her the first thing I've done is visit my mother. With my hand carrying her favourite flowers which where bluebells, I didn't think twice to talk to her.

"Mother..." I shut my eyes and lower my head. "How have you been..?" I would immediately imagine her smile and how she would tell me she's been just fine. She's fine that Nani is gone now. My glance drops to her grave which was covered with a few of the same flowers that I brought today. My lips lifts and I smile to her. For the first time, I genuinely smile in front of her grave and it feels so refreshing. It feels so right.

"I see uncle has been visiting you once in a while..." my mother and her brother have always been so close. Although they fought a lot they were inseparable together. They would either be always smiling together or they would be yelling at each other. I instantly smile at the time when my uncle stayed with us one summer and accidently brought a women to my mother's house in the middle of the night thinking it was his own house and got some serious scolding from my mother.

I also remember when he nearly burned down the whole kitchen trying to make scrambled eggs that same summer. Although my uncle is the oldest, he used to act like the youngest when it came to my mother. And when he found out about her death he truly lost it. He didn't come and visit me for weeks. He disappeared and I knew he was hurting just as much I was, maybe even more than I was. Then he took me in and trained me to become the person I am today. He trained me until I physically couldn't any longer and he did that for his sister. He wanted revenge just as much as I did. He wanted his sister to rest in peace and we knew then we had to kill Nani for that to happen.