five

y/n sighed as alexa rolled off of her, slumping down on the bed next to her. she rolled over, wrapping her arm around alexa's waist as she cuddled into her side. alexa's hand found y/n's hair, making her sigh again.

   "you okay babe?" alexa asked, running her nails over y/n's scalp. she mumbled something incoherent and nodded, nestling her nose into alexa's neck.

   "i'm okay," she whispered back, her voice tired. alexa nodded as she looked up at the ceiling. "how's the song coming along with ari?"

   y/n looked up at her with soft eyes, reaching up to brush her hair behind her ear. "it's good. we're almost done. thank god." she rolled her eyes, making alexa laugh.

   "oh, shut up. you know you still love being around her," alexa teased, poking y/n's bare back with her sharp nail. y/n whined like an embarrassed child. "no, i don't," she said, very unconvincingly.

   alexa raised an eyebrow, challenging her statement. y/n sighed, her shoulders falling. "okay, i do. but that doesn't mean anything." she shook her head, tracing shapes on alexa's pale skin.

   "it means that you still love her, y/n/n." alexa whispered softly. y/n snapped her head up as she sat up slightly. "no i don't. seriously this time. i don't even like her; matter of fact, i think i hate her."

   alexa widened her eyes as she slapped y/n on the shoulder. "quit that. you know you don't hate her. i saw the way you looked at her that day at the studio. and she looked at you the same exact way."

   y/n looked away, feeling the constant lump in her throat grow ten sizes. "yeah. i guess. but that doesn't mean anything because i'd never get back together with her. not after that. it's like, she didn't even fucking try to keep us together. one problem and she's done, gone. it's bullshit, she knew how much i loved her."

   she grew angry as she laid back down, cuddling further into alexa as she tried to forget the girl she always wanted.

   alexa shrugged, gently ghosting her nails over y/n's back. "i know, babe. but there's more than one side to every story, maybe she had something else going on that she felt like she couldn't tell you."

   y/n scoffed. "couldn't tell me. sure. she knew she could tell me anything. that's just a bullshit excuse." alexa sighed, leaning down to press a kiss to y/n's head. "can we stop talking about her now? i just wanna hold you."

   alexa nodded. "of course. how about i tell you about the video i'm recording, yeah?"

——

1 month later

   "okay you two. let's hear what you got." scooter said with an odd smile as he took a seat in his chair next to frank. the other man gave him a weird look as he secretly rolled his eyes, earning a chuckle from the two singers behind the glass.

   "it's whenever y'all are ready, okay?" frank spoke, much softer and nicer then scooter. y/n gave him a thumbs up before glancing at ariana, making sure she was ready. ariana felt a shock run down her body as she gave her a curt nod, assuring that she was.

   "alright," y/n spoke quietly, positioning her fingers on the piano. with one last glance at ariana who sat next to her in the bench, she started the instrumental. ariana watched her closely as she took a deep breath. she nearly struggled to remember her queue to start, but she quickly recovered as she watched y/n's hands glide against the keys.

"All along it was a fever
A cold sweat, hot-headed believer
I threw my hands in the air, said, "Show me something"
He said, "If you dare, come a little closer"