Chapter Thirty-Two

When I started writing this book, it was merely just for my benefit. I didn't know that roughly 7k people would read it! Thank you so much — ALL of you.

*IMPORTANT*
Because I only planned for this to go about 35 chapters, I will be making the rest of the story more fast-paced. Hope y'all are okay with that.

Although the group figured out the secrets of Oralie, that was the only thing they accomplished.

If they could even call it an accomplishment.

After all, Sophie couldn't figure out if it was just a dream or not. Who knows, maybe Oralie was the sweet, spirited person they knew and not the creation of the Neverseen.

Sophie was stuck in the problems that she forgot about one special person. Okay, she didn't necessarily forget about her, but she certainly didn't have time to hang out with her a lot.

"Mommy!" Charlotte squealed as Sophie made her way over to Livvy's house where she was being taken care of. Edaline and Grady had offered to take care of her daughter, but they had a mission they had to go on so Charlotte was in the hands of Sophie's beloved physician.

"Char! Oh, honey, I'm so sorry I couldn't hang out with you." Sophie said, crouching down to her level and embracing her in a hug. "Today, I'm all yours. Is there anywhere you want to go or anything you want to do?"

"I don't care as long as I'm with you, mommy." Charlotte said, not backing out from Sophie's embrace. "I missed you."

Sophie felt tears threaten to spill from her eyes, but quickly wiped them off as Livvy approached them. "Livvy, thank you so much for taking care of her. You're a lifesaver!"

"No problem. But Sophie, don't you look a little pale?" Livvy said, getting closer with furrowed eyebrows. Charlotte looked up at her, too.

"Ish she okay?" She asked worriedly to Livvy.

"I'm fine." Sophie automatically said. "Just... tired."

Livvy frowned. "Alright... but tell me if you need any help, alright?"

Sophie smiled and nodded. "Thanks." She turned to Charlotte. "So, where to, Miss?"

Charlotte grinned, taking Sophie's hand. "We're going to meet Daddy."

..........................................................................................................

Keefe wasn't living at Candleshade anymore, and Sophie was surprised, although she should've figured out that he would leave his childhood home the first chance he got.

Instead, he now lived in a house equally as fancy as his former one. It was in the middle of a lake (which was in a middle of a forest) with a bridge leading out to it, and it was made of fancy, glimmering stones. In the front of the grand door stood a fountain with two Moonlarks hugging (or so it seemed) each other.

"Woah." Charlotte breathed, surveying the area. She walked up to the door and knocked twice.

Sophie caught up to her, placing her hands on Charlotte's shoulders as the door swung open, revealing a young woman.

Correction: A very beautiful young woman. She had wavy dark brown hair, grayish-blue eyes, and plump, pink lips.

Her eyes narrowed when she saw Sophie and Charlotte. "How may I help you?" She asked coldly.

Charlotte returned the woman's icy gaze with a frown. "Mommy, I think we came to the wrong house. It doesn't seem like he lives here."

"Oh, but Keefe does." The woman's eyes twinkled with mischief, looking amused. "Didn't you know? Well, I suppose you won't because you don't live with him."