14

"We need to do shots." Katrina said as she stood up. "Oooo yes! I can't believe we haven't done any yet." Stas said with a laugh.

"You coming, Jules? Can we call you that?" Devyn asked as I shrugged. For some reason it didn't piss me off so much that they wanted to call me that.

It wasn't their fault I was brought into this life, they were just trying to be friendly.

Colby didn't have the right to call me that.

"Yeah, that's fine." I said as she giggled. "Yay! Let's do shots!" She said then took my hand and dragged me inside.

I noticed that there were a couple of men standing around without any drinks. They were just standing off to the side and watching everyone.

I assumed they were security but I anxiously looked at Jake.

"Do you know them?" I asked as he nodded. "Yeah. David, Zach, and Trevor. They work for Colby." Jake said as I nodded.

"Good to know." I said as Devyn handed me a shot. "To new friends!!" She said and held up her glass.

"To new friends!" We said then tapped out glasses together, tapped them on the table, then took the shot.

I scrunched my face in pain as the alcohol burned my throat. I have never really drank before other than a glass or two of wine on holidays so taking a shot was a huge shock to my system.

"Have you ever taken a shot before, Jules?" Stas asked as I shook my head. "Whoops! Probably should have asked you before doing it." Katrina said as I coughed.

"It's all good." I sputtered as Jake handed me a cup. "What's that?" I asked as he chuckled. "Water." He said as I nodded and took the glass, taking a sip.

"Ew!" I hissed as he chuckled. "Vodka water." He said as Tara smacked his arm. "That was fucking mean." She said as I flipped him off.

"Guys can we please go dance now?" Katrina pouted as Stas nodded.

"Yes! This party is boring as hell." She said as we made our way into the crowd.

I didn't know if it was the presence of the girls or if I was getting tipsy, but I felt much more comfortable being around all these people.

There was no danger right now.

Just dancing and some drinking.

I let myself loosen up a bit as I dance to the music, swaying my hips to the beat.

I had to admit I was getting lost in the feeling before Stas smacked my arm.

"That guy is totally checking you out." She said and pointed to a tall blonde across the room.

He was leaned against the bar, looking at me with a smirk.

I was feeling bold so I giggled and curled my finger, motioning for him to come over here.

Yeah. I was definitely tipsy.

He chuckled then walked over to me, putting his hands on my waist. "What's your name?" He asked as I giggled and put my finger on his lips.

"Shhh." I shushed and turned around, grinding my ass on him as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

I couldn't help but feel super carefree, dancing with a complete stranger in a totally different state.

We danced for a while before my buzz wore off and exhaustion replaced it.

I just wanted to go up to my room now.

"Okay." I said and pushed the guy off of me.
"This was fun, see you around." I said then turned to find Colby so I could ask him to lock my room.

"Wait! What's your name? Can we like go out sometime?" The guy asked as I shook his head.