Chapter 58: Mornings

C H A P T E R    5 8  :  M O R N I N G S :

"Her heart and mind made peace in his arms."

-Atticus

                  .........................................................

We all look at each other as the guys alarmingly rush to the living room

We all look at each other as the guys alarmingly rush to the living room. We follow out of curiosity.

Jayden quickly walks out, to see where the noise came from and my heart beats as I hope it's an animal. Jordan follows rather quickly, Hunter looks through the other windows, Xavier grabs his phone.

Alice decides to record for some reason, Lizzy whisper-yells at Jayden and Jordan for walking out.

I rush to the door, peeking out as Jayden and Jordan investigate.

"Who the fuck is there!?" Jordan yells.

"It sounded like a person banging on the window, but how the fuck did they run away so damn quickly?" Xavier says, walking out.

Jayden starts walking away, looking behind the trees and around. I run over to him, "Jayden please come inside, this is so creepy. Whoever it is probably ran away." I grab his arm.

All of a sudden we hear shuffling behind some bushes, Jayden grabs my waist protectively pulling me closer to his warm body.

Jordan and Xavier rush over, "go inside, Angel." Jayden whispers, gesturing to the door.

"Uhm no." I clutch onto his arm.

Jordan walks over to the bushes ready to kill whoever it behind them, Xavier follows alarmed. "Amber seriously, please go in." Jayden requests.

We hear someone in the further trees, Lizzy runs outside to Xavier who proceeds to yell at whoever is out there.

Jayden's grip on my waist tightens.

"Wrong house, buddy!" Xavier yells, as Lizzy slaps his arm.

"Multiple people?" Jayden asks, Jordan.

"I don't know. They're fuckin' dead as soon as I..." Jordan says, looking around.

"Guys let's go back in. Please." Lizzy pleads.

"I agree. This isn't normal." I add.

"How about you two join Hunter and Alice inside? While we figure out who's here?" Xavier suggests.

"Jayden inside right now, please. I'm scared." I say softly.

He nods, agreeing. Lizzy manages to convince the other 2 guys to come in.

Jayden calls people to search the entire forest and bodyguard the house that night. After dinner I can barely sleep, Jayden's arm is wrapped around my waist as I look out the glass window.