Chapter 32

{Jack's POV}

        Buddy.

        Buddybuddybuddybuddy.

        The name ran through Jack's mind a million times as he stared at the small featureless icon, the five-letter word below it making his stomach churn. Buddy. Buddy used this laptop. He used it. He looked at this screen. He touched it. And Jack had been touching it.

        Revulsion filled him, and without thinking he jumped up and ran to the bathroom, tearing off his mask just in time to vomit into the toilet. The chunks were a blend of black and red, with a few pieces of flesh mixed in. Black goop dripped from his face and into the water the entire time, creating miniature splashes as "tears" streamed from his sockets. Even so, he didn't stop. He just needed to vomit at the thought of the man.

        Eventually his stomach was empty, and he wiped his mouth with his sleeve, the black goop shining against the dark fabric. Vomiting... He was far too used to it lately. He'd almost forgotten how awful it tasted, but at least he'd vomited food that was edible to him this time.

        That thought only made him want to throw up more.

        Shuddering, he flushed the toilet and walked back to the living room, his movements slow and sluggish. Shit... He felt so weak now, so dizzy... All because he saw a stupid name. Just a stupid five-letter name.

        Amazing five letters could contain such a horrible monster.

        Jack shuddered at the thought and pushed it out of his mind, sitting back at the laptop. This was so... just... why? His hands moved on their own, tracing a line on the trackpad to move the cursor over the icon and clicking it. Immediately a small text box appeared beneath it. Password-protected, huh? Made sense, [Name]'s account was too. Jack stared at it silently, mulling over what the password was and why the hell he wanted to look inside so badly.

        That guy... That man was a monster. Jack knew monsters, he WAS one, but that man was just something else, something worse. There was something sick and twisted about a person who could act like that while still being biologically human. Maybe if he could get inside his computer, he could understand how that man thought... But he didn't want to. He never wanted to understand what could drive a mortal to do that.

        'mnc-444'

        WRONG PASSWORD.

        To speak so sweetly.

        'horror'

        WRONG PASSWORD

        To be so cruel.

        'monster'

        THREE TRIES LEFT.

        To torment him endlessly.