Chapter 45

{Jack's POV}

        "Good morning, Jacky."

        Jack grunted softly at the voice, his eyelids twitching. He was on the edge of sleep, his mind groggy and his breathing shallow. Right now he just wanted to go back to sleep, his eyelids too heavy to open. If given a few seconds, he probably would, just slip right back into his previous dream. However, he never got the opportunity.

        A small weight suddenly rested on his head, making him flinch slightly. Grunting once more, he groggily opened one eye, staring at the faded gray carpet which had become so familiar to him lately. Slowly he raised his head, blinking as he tried to see through the groggy blur consuming his vision. A grizzled man was crouched in front of him, offering a bright white grin that seemed to glow in the dim light.

        "Still waking up, I see." The weight on his head lifted slightly before returning, and Jack realized the weight was the man's hand, patting him. Groggily blinking away the sleep, Jack tried to open his mouth but found himself unable to. Puzzlement filled him as he tried to open it once more, feeling a strange tugging sensation on his skin. Was this... tape? Reflexively he tried to remove it, only to hear a rattling sound. It was at this point he realized he couldn't feel his arms.

        His sleep began to dissipate as he processed this information, realization slowly starting to dawn on him. The man's smile seemed to grow as Jack's eyes gradually grew wider, the organ eater shrinking away slightly. This man... He'd captured him days, weeks, months ago, keeping him imprisoned in a basement with his hands stuffed into steel mitts and suspended above his head. No wonder he couldn't feel his arms, it'd been ages since they'd gotten proper blood circulation.

        The tape on his mouth was new, though.

        As Jack started trying to push at the tape with his tongue, the man chuckled, making him tense and eye him warily. "I'm sure you're very confused about the tape on your mouth. After all, you didn't have it when you went to sleep, did you?" He paused, as if expecting Jack to answer, but the inhuman being just continued watching him warily. He sighed. "I know you can't talk, but you could still shake your head or nod, you know."

        Once more he reached out to pat Jack's head, making him flinch and pull away, but as usual the chains limited his movement so the man easily still managed to pat his head. "Well, you know, it's behavior like THIS that made me decide to punish you. I just want to give you a little pet, but you always pull away. That's not very nice, is it?" Lifting his hand from Jack's head, the man looked at him expectantly. After a moment Jack hesitantly shook his head, and the man's smile returned as he nodded. "See? Even you agree!"

        With that he rose, turning and walking away. Jack watched warily as the man left his line of sight, knowing he wouldn't be gone for long. Sure enough, he returned less than a minute later, and Jack's eyes widened as he recognized the object in his hand...

        "JACK!" Jack yelped and gave a giant start, the kitchen table shaking as his legs bumped its underside. His head snapped upwards to face [Name], who sat across the table watching him carefully. Currently the pair were sitting in the kitchen, [Name] eating a breakfast/lunch of a [fav sandwich], though currently it was resting on the plate as she stared at him. Taking a shaky breath, Jack waited for his pounding heart to calm down before speaking.