oh darling, it's alarming to think of us apart.

PAIRING: padawan!obi-wan kenobi x naboo handmaiden!reader

SUMMARY:  The Trade Federation threatens to endanger Naboo and its citizens if their demands are not met, which escalates into a war. You meet your soulmate.

SOULMATE AU!

Despite the training you had undergone ever since you were but a child, nothing could truly prepare you for War

Despite the training you had undergone ever since you were but a child, nothing could truly prepare you for War. The Queen of Naboo's handmaidens are handpicked by Padmé herself, known for their intelligence, courage, and competence. This is everything you have ever known, and yet the mere possibility of danger befalling the Queen and your fellow handmaidens causes your joints to lock in response to your foreboding sentiments.

A hand landing on your shoulder ruptures the blizzard of dread muddling your thoughts. Sabé stands before you, her kind eyes worried. She schools her features once the tall doors of Naboo's council bang open.

Padmé takes her place next to you, a comforting smile gracing her features. The Viceroy is clear with his intentions to garner The Queen's agreement to sign the treaty. They will exhaust every means possible– even sacrificing Naboo's citizens should Her Highness choose to prolong the talks. You can hear Padmé's quiet aggravation beside you, gnawing her teeth underneath the shade of her vermillion hood.

"Commander."

"Yes sir."

"Process them."

"Captain, take them to Camp 4."

"Roger, roger."

Droids loiter the streets of Naboo, marching with their mechanical limbs clasped around blasters, escorting and sifting through the citizens in their own respective camps. Your entourage walks through a relatively obscure route, commandeered by eight droids. Your eyes cross with Padmé, nodding subtly so as to not arouse suspicion from the droid beside you, fingers reaching for the grip of the blaster hidden in your robes when a blur of brown and cream tumbles down the balcony above your heads.

A Master and his Padawan effortlessly slice through the droids, using the Force to ensure no casualties. "We should leave the street, Your Highness." The taller one suggests, a hand pressed close to the hilt of his saber, eyes wary of other droids. The confrontation was anything but quiet, surely attracting the enemy's ire, but the Queen is safe — and that is what matters the most.

In the tense predicament you've been thrown into, the pain of your burning wrist is numbed by the threat of your home planet. You perk up at the sound of the Padawan beside you hissing in pain, shaking his left arm as if in doing so would alleviate the pain.

"Are you alright?"

He blinks at the concern in your words, hiding his injured hand behind his back. "I am fine, Milady." He assures you, sharing a brief look with his Master.