tonight, let's forget about the rest of the world

PAIRING: padawan!anakin skywalker x padawan!reader

SUMMARY: Something is troubling the Chosen One. You made it your mission to lift his spirits.

You never thought a day would come when Anakin Skywalker would be so

You never thought a day would come when Anakin Skywalker would be so... subservient to the Council. Obi-Wan was obviously pleased with the developments, having no qualms with the sudden change in his young Padawan. It's such a jarring shift and very much so unlike the spit-fire that is Anakin Skywalker.

Having finished your errands for the day early on, you're determined to have a fill of Sic-Six-layer cake. That is if Dexter hadn't forgotten your request. The route to your quarters included passing by the library and the gardens, the latter a lovely place for peace and quiet; ideal for meditation.

It is easy to locate Anakin with his dark robes a contrast to the bright colors that surround him. You approach him with quiet steps as he meditates with his eyes closed, giving full control of the Force to ease whatever it is that is troubling him. You still have time much time to spare anyways.

"It's not nice to stare, you know."

Clearing your throat at obviously being caught, you compose yourself imitating his meditating stance. "I'm here to meditate, Anakin. You don't own the gardens."

He snorts, reading your flat lie but does nothing to stop you from joining him. You might as well push through your lie, opening yourself to the Force for a short moment. You feel infinitely better once you're done, finding Anakin's cerulean orbs staring back at you.

"It's not nice to stare, you know." Smirking wryly, you adjust your cream robes as Anakin rolls his eyes in response to his words thrown right back at him, tucking his arms under his chest. Taking on a much more serious note, you turn to confront Anakin.

"Are you okay?"

Anakin huffs, standing up from his form to look at you incredulously like you've asked him a trivial question, "I am fine."

Jedi aren't allowed to form attachments for it will turn them to the dark side. But Anakin is different. He is special. Anakin Skywalker is the Chosen One and he will bring balance to the force. He has a family and he's grown up with his mother – and to steal a child away from his mother would undoubtedly cause problems for a Jedi like him.

You chose not to push him too much. If his emotions are troubling him and he is not quite trusting of you on this matter yet, you don't mind. However, you can help lift his spirits up. You just hope Dexter made good on his promise to treat you his famous cake.

"Tonight, let's forget about the rest of the world." He raises an eyebrow at you. Rolling your eyes, you force-dragged him with you. "You trust me, right?"

He shrugs, clearly not minding anything at all. "I just hope you're taking me somewhere nice. The other Padawans told me you've been to shady places."

"That's because my Master picks the most awful missions to–" He tilts his head, eyes shining in curiosity, "– It is confidential, Skywalker."

"Fine, don't tell me your secrets." Anakin sulks, jutting his bottom lip.

Snickering at his childish actions, you stop shortly once your sleek airspeeder comes into view. You let go of his robe, climbing in to operate the vehicle. "They're just jealous Dexter's giving me free food."

Anakin hums, jumping next to the seat beside you. "Well then, I am in your care, Padawan Y/N."

NOTES: im so sorry for this ;-; i have a lot on my plate today

CROSS POSTED ON ARCHIVE OF OUR OWN.