Chapter 4

A mansion full of killers, how was it interesting to Kira? Well, she already knew that this was no ordinary household -it wasn't ordinary in the first place, anyway. The others were completely different from what you've watched in thriller or horror movies. To have dinner with a family of murderers is, nonetheless, peculiar.

But, Kira is eating dinner with them. After the chat with Ben, whom she found out was not human at all, she spent the rest of the day in the living room. Occasionally, Slenderman passed by, glancing at her and asking her if she needs anything. The girl she saw on the porch entered the living room also, asking a few questions that Ben already asked, and Kira had to go over the whole "special abilities" again.

The little girl, Sally, asked if she can make her doll move. Kira focused on the object, and it eventually stood up from the floor and danced. Sally giggled and she talked to her teddy bear.

"Look, Charlie! You have a new playmate!" She told her dark furred teddy bear with glee as she pointed at the doll.

Kira gave a small smile at the girl, trying to ignore the teddy bear that seemed to smile at her.

And the time came when Slenderman called for everyone to have dinner. Kira was sitting on a chair next to Slenderman, which in fact was at the far end of a big table. Everyone ate silently, and Kira felt like it was because of her that the atmosphere is uncomfortable.

Across from her sat the one who was also on the porch two days ago. Next to him sat a guy wearing a white mask with black feminine details. Next to her was Sally, who sat next to a twitching boy with goggles and a mouth guard resting around his neck.

One, that looked about her age, was wearing a blue mask with black holes for his eyes to look through which was covered with lace, black liquid dripping out of the holes and is wearing a black hoodie, and his skin appears to be a dark gray. Sitting next to him was a boy about her age also, with skin as white as snow, his cheeks slit to form a big smile on his face, and his eyes were rimmed with black. Kira saw a dog earlier. It was strange also, with a human smile and red and black fur.

And she didn't feel a tiny bit uncomfortable.

Kira picked at her food, which Slenderman made, she wasn't really that hungry. But she was tired. She realized it while playing with Sally. And she knew it had to do with the pills she used to take.

So, by the time they were all finished with dinner, she asked Slenderman where she will be staying. The tall creature led her up the stairs and into the dimly lit hallway. A few doors had names on them.

Masky

Hoodie

Toby

Jeff

And at the end of the hall, Slenderman opened a door to a room. The room had a simple design, with light gray walls and a carpeted floor with a bed with yellow and white colors. A door to a balcony was left half open, letting the chilly air in.

"I prefer you have this room, away from the others. They're not quite... used to meeting new people, I guess Ben already told you a few things." Slenderman said.

"Yes."

"And, I suggest you lock the doors. Jeff and Jack may want to visit you." Slenderman told her. "There are clothes in the closet, hopefully, they're your size."

For a moment, the room fell quiet. Kira's palm raised to rub her eye and ran through her hair and she felt more tired. She sat down on the comfy bed.

"Thank you, Slenderman, for letting me stay here." She looked up at the faceless man.

"It's what I can do for someone like us." And with that, he walked out the door, shutting it behind him.

Kira fell back on the bed, kicking her flat shoes off and finally letting her blistered feet relax. She felt her eyes close half way. The bed's comforter didn't help her stay awake. Kira stayed up for as long as she can, staring at the ceiling, until she fell asleep, forgetting what Slenderman told her before.

* * *

Kira woke up to a thud. She looked around the room, her eyes still tired. Her body felt sore.

She raised her palm to turn the lights on. The bright light stung her eyes, and Kira rubbed them with her fists. But, uncovering her eyes, she didn't expect what would happen.

Kira stared back at his eyes, almost covered by his black hair. The carved smile on his pale face seemed to twitch. The knife he was holding looked to be in a very tight grip.

Kira ran her fingers through her short, brown hair and then asked, "Why are you here?"

"You..." He muttered.

Kira stared directly at him. She tried a new ability that she was testing.

Jeff.

"Jeff, if you're-"

"Shut up." Jeff snapped.

And then he laughed.

I'm tired. I can't sleep, I can't even get up to go sit on my desk chair and make up a chapter for any for my books. I'm wasted, and my parents aren't letting me rest. They're like "Dress up, we're going somewhere." like the past few days since our 2nd day here in California my mom has been barging into my temporary room and waking me up. The worst part is I didn't even get sleep at times before that.

I don't even know why I can't sleep. The place we're staying in is as peaceful as a sleeping baby. If I get one of those sleeping disorders then great. I'm leaving for Washington tomorrow, hopefully I write something on the way. Bye, for now.