Chapter 45 : Wave

Season 2 : Chapter 12

"So....did any of you guys find any evidence?"

Kiyotaka lazily looked down from his bed towards the ground where Kushida, Sudou, Ike and Hirata were sitting. 

"Not at all."

"Man, it was really tiring. We walked around the entire school area, still not a single person."

"It's alright Ike, don't worry about it. Do any of you guys want anything to drink?"

"Yes please!! Man, it's hot outside."

"I feel you bro."

Sudou, even though was looking gloomier than usual, replied to Ike who just gave him a small slap in the back.

"Don't be sad, it doesn't fit you. Ayanokouji is helping us right? You'll be ok."

"That's correct. As long as I'm here, don't worry about a thing. Just trust me."

Hearing his reassuring words, Sudou's eyes immediately gleamed for a second as Horikita got out of the bed, before looking at Kiyotaka.

"You guys talk, I'll bring the drinks."

"No, it's alright. I'm goi-"

"I said I'm bringing the drinks. Don't worry Ayanokouji-kun. I insist."

"......right."

With that Horikita quickly walked out of the room, as Kiyotaka sighed to himself.

'She is still uncomfortable with Kushida's presence. I understand why, but this will be pretty annoying to deal with in the future.'

Speaking of Kushida, she was looking at the retreating figure of the black haired maiden with a forced smile on her face, all the while clutching both of her fists tightly.

"So Kushida, did you get any evidence or help?"

Her eyes immediately darted away from Horikita as she looked towards Kiyotaka.

"Hmm, I didn't get any evidence but we met up with Ichinose-san of Class-B. Apparently, they want to help Class-D and prove Sudou-kun innocent. So, I accepted her help. Did I do anything wrong?"

Kushida looked at him with puppy eyes which caused Ike to blush while Kiyotaka sighed to himself.

'Ichinose huh.... I guess it makes sense for Class-B to help Class-D in this matter. As of this moment, they don't need to care for Class-D in their battle to reach Class-A, while Class-C would provide them with a tough challenge for that position, or might even overtake them.

It doesn't hurt to accept their help for now. If both our classes get on good terms with one another, it would be really useful. They will lower their guard against us and that would be the perfect moment to strike. '

"No, you didn't do anything wrong for now. However I expect you to let me know before you make any decision by yourself which may affect our class, got it?"

"Yes!!"

She immediately let out a cute, wide smile which immediately resulted in Ike fawning over her.

"Kushidaaaa-Chaaan!!!!"

Kiyotaka looked away from the sight and released a small sigh.

'How annoying. This is the last time I'm calling her in my room. Just seeing her face for some reason infuriates me to no end. I wonder why?