Chapter 8. The Obstacle Race

Timeskip

Setting

"Talking"

'Thinking'

Narrating

[POV Change]

----------------------------------------------------------

Previously...

Time had passed since then like it normally does, and so it was now lunchtime. As usual, I was sitting by myself and eating, but it seemed like that would change as I felt the vibrations of three people walking over to my table with food trays in their hands. The girl with the horns on her head, the spiky-haired boy, and Kaminari. "Yo, (Y/N)!" The girl with the horns on her head greeted. "Can we sit here?" Kaminari then asked, pleasantly surprising me. "Sure, be my guests," I answered while nodding my head. There was space for only two people on each side of the table, so I scooted in so that the three of them wouldn't have to squeeze into one side. The girl with the horns on her head sat down next to me while Kaminari and the spiky-haired boy sat down opposite us. "Tokoyami told us about how you took down four villains in under a minute all by yourself!" Kaminari exclaimed before taking a bite from his food. "Yeah, and Kirishima told us that you saved Midoriya's life!" The girl with the horns added on. "Mhm, this villain guy was about to like touch Midoriya and kill him but (Y/N) pushed him back with his Quirk before the guy even got close to Midoriya." Kirishima further explained, not giving me a chance to speak. "Well, both Tokoyami and Kirishima are correct. The villains that I beat weren't that strong, though. It took one attack to beat each." I responded, making things a bit clearer. "That doesn't matter, it was your first time fighting villains and you came out on top with ease." The girl with the horns on her head said to try and make me feel prouder of the achievement. "Mina's right. When I first saw the villains I was scared stiff. I had to get a starting push from Jirou to fight the villains. Literally." Kaminari then admitted. So Mina is her name. It has a nice ring to it if I'm being honest. I then smiled as they continued to speak, happy to finally have someone to speak to other than my butler. "Yeah, I guess you're right. Kirishima needs some credit as well, though. When I got to the scene with All Might and the villains, he was helping Bakugo take down the weird portal guy." I pointed out before taking a bite out of my food.

----------------------------------------------------------

Timeskip

1-A Classroom

[(Y/N) POV]

As our final lesson of the day ended, I could feel the vibrations of many people approaching our classroom, which easily caught my attention. 'What in the world could they want from us? Is it about the Sports Festival? Do they want to ask about the villain invasion at USJ?' I wondered to myself as the girl Midoriya was always with headed towards the door, which was a mistake in my opinion based on how many people were outside. "Wh-what's going on?" She shrieked as she opened the door and was met by everyone there. "What business do you have with Class 1-A?" Engine Boy asked the crowd as he did his usual karate chop gesture. "We can't get out!" The boy with balls on his head cried out. "What'd you even come here for, anyway?" He asked angrily, changing his demeanour and mood within a second. "Scouting out the enemy, small fry. We're the ones who made it out of the villains' attack. They probably wanna check us out before the sports festival." Bakugo explained as he walked towards the door. "There's no point in doing stuff like that. Out of my way, Extras." He commanded the students blocking the doorway. "Stop calling people Extras just because you don't know them!" Engine Boy told him as he repeatedly performed his karate chop gesture through the air. "No, the Pomeranian is right. Half of the people here seem like they would be a tree in a school play." I said as I walked to the door before standing next to Bakugo, who looked down at me with a glare from the side of his eyes.